Ruffwear Palisades Pack

This pack is awesome. By far the best I have ever…

This pack is awesome. By far the best I have ever used, and would never again use any other brand. This pack holds two 1-liter water bladders (included), and has enough room to store a week's worth of food, plus a few treats.

The pack also has a daisy chain on the top/sides that I use to strap on a small blanket. The pack is removable from the harness, and is done easily with 4 snap buckles. Both the pack and the harness are extremely well made, and are very durable.

Measure your dog before you order. I ordered a medium at first and it was WAY too large for my Siberian Husky. I returned for a small and it fits great and has plenty of room left for when she fills out the rest of the way (she is 8 months atm).

I highly recommend this pack!

Thanks for sharing the review. I am convinced I have to get it, but I am not sure of the size. I have a Kuvasz pup weighing about 90 Lb. What I have noticed reading various reviews is that I need to order the smaller size than normal ones, because on the average these packs are large sized.

Thanks for the review, it looks my family is growing +1 next week. Rescuing a three-year-old Blue Heeler! How is the pack holding up?

Still loving the pack, and it has seen LOTS of use. Holding up very well. The only significant wear is on the loops/tie on points on the top of the pack. They are beginnjng to fray significantly but are still functional. I usr these to tir on her sleeping pad and a poncho liner she uses as a blanket. I ditched the water bladders and just carry a soft collapsible water bottle in her pack instead.

Great multi-day pack for dogs. I have had this pack…

Great multi-day pack for dogs.

• Easy to grab handle
  • Adjustable

• On occasion it can lean, probably user error

I have had this pack for about 3 years now and use it on my 70lb Border Collie Lab mix in the medium size. It doesn't seem to phase him a bit when we go out on multi-day hikes or even long day trips.

It has handle on the top to help assist in getting over ledges, trees, or in and out of water. Comes with two collapsible water bottles that hold plenty of water for your dog as well as for you in a pinch or on a lazy day hike.

On occasion the pack will lean to one side, but I believe it's due to improper load balance on my end, which I can easily fix. Hasn't had a tear or any issue since the time I've had it.

Welcome to Trailspace, George. I'd love to see a picture of your pack on your dog for fit, if you're willing to share one in your review. I'm also curious: how far does your dog hike with you on backpacking trips?