Salomon XR Mission

Excellent trail running shoes. Light, comfortable,…

Summary

Excellent trail running shoes. Light, comfortable, good grip, fast lace-up!

Pros

• Grip well
  • Fast lace-up
  • Quick break-in
  • Well constructed
  • Roomy footbox
  • Good arch support
  • Breathe well

Cons

• Pocket for laces is a little dificult

I have been running in these for a few weeks now. I previously was a Brooks Cascadia fan, but decided to try something new. I run 2-4 miles almost everyday with my dogs. These fit my foot so well. I have a medium to high arch and find the arch support to be perfect. No slipping of the heel and I have plenty of room in the toe box. The quick-lacing system also helps to get a nice snug even fit and contributes to arch support also.

The break-in time (to me) was short. I walked in them, maybe three or four times and wore them grocery shopping before I ran in them and that seems to be all it took. No pressure points. The sole has a lot of cushion and is very supportive. In fact, when I ran in them for the first time, I realized how badly I needed new running shoes.

I have ran in rain, hail, and dry terrain in them and my feet have stayed fairly dry. I did get caught in a hail storm followed by downpour, and my feet got a little wet then, but they aren't waterproof anyway.

Great traction. We have been getting a lot of rain as usual, so I have mostly ran in them on wet surfaces and haven't had even the slightest of a slip, not even running on hail. Grips well on rocks (could see possible slipping on a smooth wet rock). Haven't slipped in mud.

One of the main reasons I wanted to try these, was the quick-lace system. I love everything about it, except for the pocket in the tongue for stowing the excess laces once they are pulled tight. This is the reason I took away half a star. You have to make sure you pull the tongue up out of the way of the laces before pulling tight and it can be a bit of a hassle stuffing the laces in there.

Overall great construction, durability, and comfort. I see them easily lasting as long or longer as the other running shoes I've had in the past.

If you've owned or used a Salomon XR Mission, please share your experience.