Salomon XR Mission

Excellent trail running shoes. Light, comfortable,…

Summary

Excellent trail running shoes. Light, comfortable, good grip, fast lace-up!

Pros

• Grip well
  • Fast lace-up
  • Quick break-in
  • Well constructed
  • Roomy footbox
  • Good arch support
  • Breathe well

Cons

• Pocket for laces is a little dificult

I have been running in these for a few weeks now. I previously was a Brooks Cascadia fan, but decided to try something new. I run 2-4 miles almost everyday with my dogs. These fit my foot so well. I have a medium to high arch and find the arch support to be perfect. No slipping of the heel and I have plenty of room in the toe box. The quick-lacing system also helps to get a nice snug even fit and contributes to arch support also.

The break-in time (to me) was short. I walked in them, maybe three or four times and wore them grocery shopping before I ran in them and that seems to be all it took. No pressure points. The sole has a lot of cushion and is very supportive. In fact, when I ran in them for the first time, I realized how badly I needed new running shoes.

I have ran in rain, hail, and dry terrain in them and my feet have stayed fairly dry. I did get caught in a hail storm followed by downpour, and my feet got a little wet then, but they aren't waterproof anyway.

Great traction. We have been getting a lot of rain as usual, so I have mostly ran in them on wet surfaces and haven't had even the slightest of a slip, not even running on hail. Grips well on rocks (could see possible slipping on a smooth wet rock). Haven't slipped in mud.

One of the main reasons I wanted to try these, was the quick-lace system. I love everything about it, except for the pocket in the tongue for stowing the excess laces once they are pulled tight. This is the reason I took away half a star. You have to make sure you pull the tongue up out of the way of the laces before pulling tight and it can be a bit of a hassle stuffing the laces in there.

Overall great construction, durability, and comfort. I see them easily lasting as long or longer as the other running shoes I've had in the past.

These are my favorite sneaker-like shoes I've ever…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (Moosejaw)

Summary

These are my favorite sneaker-like shoes I've ever owned. They're super comfortable and great looking, too.

Pros

• Comfort
  • Style
  • Versatility

Cons

• Honestly none

First off, I got these in the Celedon/Papaya color and they are perfect. I love the color combination and they look great on my feet. I get compliments on them all the time.

Now for function... This is my first pair of Salomons and it certainly won't be my last. These are the most comfortable sneakers I've ever owned. They fit like a glove from the first time I put them on.

They're also super versatile. I've worn them everywhere from the dog park down the street to Arches National Park to New Zealand's Glacier Country and have loved them every step of the way.

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All XR Mission versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there is 1 review for another version of the XR Mission. Read all reviews »

Salomon XR Mission Trail-Running Shoes for WomenLook chic and trendy using the Salomon XR Mission Trail-Running Shoes for Women. The Salomon shoes have the versatile quicklace system with lace pocket that makes it easy to run without worrying about untied shoes or tripping. These classy shoes come in a special design made especially for woman. These trendy shoes come with open mesh synthetic overlays that allow the upper part of the shoe to breath and keep your feet ventilated. The Salomon XR shoes for women come with the unique sensifit system that provides a precise and secure fit for your feet. Thanks to the sensiflex technology these shoes are designed to deliver excellent performance on the rough, lumpy and uneven terrains. The EVA midsole provide lightweight cushioning and shock absorption that guard your feet from lumpy terrain. Have a great experience using the Salomon XR Mission Trail-Running Shoes for Women.

- SunnySports

On Sale. Free Shipping. Salomon Women's XR Mission Shoe FEATURES of the Salomon Women's XR Mission Shoe Upper: Protective TPU Toe Cap Friction Free Lace Eyelet Sensifit Lace Pocket Sensiflex Quicklace Outsole: Contagrip LT Non Marking Contagrip OS Tendon Chassis: Lightweight Muscle Sockliner: Ortholite Midsole: Molded EVA SPECIFICATIONS of the Salomon Women's XR Mission Shoe Weight: 9.5 oz / 268 g Midsole Height: 20mm / 9mm

Salomon's XR Mission shoe is an all terrain, short to middle distance training shoe. It is designed specifically for women.

- CampSaver.com

Built for trails or the occasional pavement, the women's Salomon XR Mission Trail-Running Shoes can tackle almost any terrain on your short- to middle-distance runs.

When you're ready to venture off the concrete in search of something a bit different, try the Salomon Women's XR Mission Trail Running Shoes on a hard-packed dirt path. This lightweight running shoe grabs the ground below so your first foray on the path less traveled doesn't quickly slide into the disaster zone. If you're speedy on selecting shoes, you'll find a rainbow of colors from which to choose to put some funk in your foot fun, even if woodland animals can't see colors. Or can they'Nylon mesh uppers let you feet breath while synthetic overlays offer some support. An EVA Ortholite insole comes out if you prefer custom inserts. Just one tug and the Quicklace system snugs the shoe to your foot for a secure fit as you traverse variable terrain. To ease your transition from city streets to forested trails, the 11mm heel-forefoot drop ensures your gait pattern doesn't change with the ground conditions. The Lightweight Muscle chassis lets you take this shoe on mild trails and through your neighborhood with ease. In the medial midsole, compressed EVA stands guard against your foot collapsing from sheer excitement of being in the dirt. From the back of your heel to the tip of your toes, the injection-molded EVA midsole helps you bound along the trail like a happy bunny. The TPU toe cap protects your tootsies from endorphin-fueled enthusiasm. The Contagrip sole blends toothy trail-tearing lugs with a spit of street-friendly ribs.