Sawyer Inline Water Filter

I bought this for easy filtering and duel purpose…

Price Paid: 64$

Summary

I bought this for easy filtering and duel purpose use......and it worked perfectly!!

Pros

• Easy to use
  • Multi-purpose
  • Effective
  • Quick filtering

Cons

• There is no indication that it is working properly except for whether or not you get sick

I bought this for easy filtering and dual purpose use. I purchased this filter along with a Platypus Big Zip 2L. I cut the tube from the Platypus in the middle, shortened the hose and placed the filter in the middle. I also added a thin rope tied to one of the holes on one end and on the other end it's tied to a carabiner, so I can then carry it easily and hang it on wide branches for gravity filtering.

While hiking my wife uses  just like anyone would use a Platypus bag....for drinking. Then when we get to camp I get out my extra 2L Platypus bag and extra 5 inch hose (folded down, both fit in a small plastic baggy), fill my big zip then use gravity to fill the other bag with clean water.

I have used this on 7 trips already totaling probably 60 gallons or so (I drink a lot of mountain spring tea).  It's quick, easy and works!! I would recommend this setup to anyone. It's what I will use till I find a better one.

1003041_10153106310775121_492989193_n.jp

SAWYOR-PLATAPUS-FILTER-SETUP.jpg

Works, been using this with two plattys and use an…

Price Paid: 70 USD ?

Works, been using this with two plattys and use an MSR silt-stopper before the Sawyer, to hopefully prolong the life of the Sawyer filter.

It's a little on the slow side, but if I was in a rush I'd get another filter. I've never got sick drinking water from this, so I'm assuming it works.

Does what it's supposed to do, works great in a gravity-filter setup.

Use the Sawyer Inline water filter to effectively treat water straight from a hydration reservoir, pump prefilter, household faucet or a homemade gravity system. Fast and effective hollow fiber membrane filter can be used to treat water while you drink. Filter physically removes particles, protozoa, and bacteria down to 0.1 micron in size, including giardia, salmonella and cryptosporidia. All Sawyer water filters exceed Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommendations for removal rates. Filter is fully field maintainable to ensure a fast flow of water; system includes a faucet adapter for thorough back washing from a household faucet. Includes hollow fiber filter, faucet adapter, 2 stainless-steel hose clamps, 1 tube connecter and 1 tube adapter.

Sawyer Inline Water Filter

The Sawyer Inline Water Filter is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 2, 2010 at REI.

If you're looking for a new bottle/inline water filter, check out the best reviewed current models.