Sawyer PointOne Filter with Bucket Adapter
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $70
Versatility. At least 5 different applications for one price. 1 million gallon guarantee. Easy to maintain, and no replacement filters to buy. Best for backpacking, car camping, home use, canoeing/kayaking. Anything that you may need water for.
- Ease of maintence
- Squeeze bags may bust if you apply too much pressure.
What I love about this filter is its versatility. The filter is very adaptable for different setups. One filter, many applications. It has a 1 million gallon guarantee, and filters down to a .1 micron level.
Easy to maintain. It includes a syringe that you use to backwash the filter. Simply fill the syringe with clean, filtered water, remove drinking cap, insert syringe and watch all the yuck come out of the dirty end of the filter. The filter can be adapted in many ways such as:
- It screws onto the squeeze bags that are included in the kit. There is a 32 oz and a 12 oz squeeze bags. So you could fill up those bags, attach the filter and drink directly from the filter. Or use the filter to fill up a water bottle or hydration pack.
- The filter screws onto most water bottles or 2 liter bottles that you get from the store. So before your hike, you can pick up a bottle of water from a gas station. Once the bottle is empty, refill empty bottle from the stream or lake, attach filter and you can drink from the filter.
- If you are base camping near a stream or lake, there is an bucket adapter. Pick up a food grade, BPA free 5 gallon bucket (not included) and attach the filter using the kit. The kit even includes a drill bit! You can then use the water from your source for drinking, cooking and washing
- Faucet adapter. You can set up the filter to filter your home faucet water. Let's say (in my case) you are in the Northern Colorado Floods of 2013. They put out a boil order for all water. There is a run on bottled water at the store. You attach this filter to your faucet and you are good to go. It felt good knowing that, no matter how scarce water became, I could filter as much water as my family needed.
- Hydration gravity feed. I picked up a extra hydration bladder from a certain big box store for $10. I cut off the bit valve and installed the extra hose bib that came with the filter. Now I have a gravity flow, hydration bag setup that I can use when backpacking.
Overall, you are buying one system that has at least 5 different applications. This is well worth the money and time. Research it more online and youtube.
Where to Buy
Here's what other sites are saying:
The Sawyer Point One All In One Filter is great for emergency preparedness kits and gives you the ability to attach the Sawyer PointONE Water Filter to a collapsible squeeze pouch, to a standard 5 gallon bucket, or to your own home faucet. The "Build your own gravity system" can yield up to 540 gallons of clean water per day from any fresh water source. Bucket not included.
Take the Sawyer All-In-One water filter on lightweight backpacking trips or use the included parts to adapt it to work on nearly any plastic bucket for a large-volume gravity filtration system. Parts install quickly and easily on nearly any plastic bucket (not included) to create a large-volume gravity filtration system for use at your rustic cabin. To use on backpacking trips, fill up the 32 fl. oz. water pouch at a lake or stream, screw the filter onto the pouch and squeeze the pouch to push water through the filter. Filter has built-in push/pull cap so you can spray water straight into your mouth or use it to fill up a water bottle; squeeze filter fills most water bottles in only 20 sec. Hollow-fiber membrane filter removes 99.99999% of all bacteria, such as salmonella, cholera and E.coli; removes 99.9999% of all protozoa, such as giardia and cryptosporidium. Attach the filter to the faucet adapter to filter water straight from a household faucet. Use the included syringe to backflush the filter to maintain a high flow rate. Filter will also fit the threads on most bottles of water that you buy at a grocery store. Includes filter, a 32 fl. oz. pouch, 2 pop-up drinking spouts, 1 bucket adapter kit, 1 faucet adapter, 1 filter cleaner and 1 filter hanger. Avoid freezing the Sawyer All-In-One water filter; freezing may ruin the hollow-fiber membrane.
Free Shipping. Sawyer PointONE All in One Filter DECENT FEATURES of the Sawyer PointONE All in One Filter Gives you the ability to use the Sawyer PointONE 0.10 Absolute Micron Water Filter attached to a squeeze pouch, attached to a standard 5 gallon bucket, or attached to your home faucet The in.build your own gravity systemin. can yield up to 540 gallons of clean water per day from any fresh water source Kit includes: the Sawyer 0.1 Micron Absolute Micron Hollow Fiber Membrane Screw On/Off Filter, 32 oz Squeeze Pouch, 2 Pop-up Drinking Spouts, 1 bucket adapter kit, 1 faucet adapter, and 1 filter cleaner Life Expectancy: 1 Million Gallons Guaranteed Bucket not included
Sawyer Emergency Water Filtration Kit - Clean water for remote areas Low-cost filter for high water volumes Filters up to 540 gallons a day Get up to 540 gallons of clean water a day with this uncomplicated filtration system. Affix to any bucket or pail to yield bacteria-free water in remote locations. 0.1-micron inline filter removes sediment, bacteria, protozoa, cysts and other contaminants without using chemicals for up to one million gallons. The simple design means no replacement filters or cartridges are necessary. Includes 0.1-micron in-line filter, bucket adapter kit and directions. Exceeds EPA standards for the removal bacteria, protozoa, and cysts. Made in USA.
- Massey's Outfitters