Scarpa Charmoz Pro GTX

This is a lightweight, sturdy, boot designed for 3-season…

Summary

This is a lightweight, sturdy, boot designed for 3-season mountaineering, but equally at home on a rocky, root filled hiking trail in all but the coldest weather. If you like to get off the beaten path, this is one boot to take you there.

Pros

• Very comfortable
  • Good tread
  • Waterproof

Cons

• Not very breathable
  • Somewhat narrow in the toe-box

I bought these boots after realizing my heavy Scarpa backpacking boots just were not providing the traction I needed when scrambling up rocks. From the moment I tried them on I knew I had found a good boot. The heel cup feels solid and secure. The ankle support is excellent.

I wore them around the house for a few days before taking them out on (and off) the trail and they were worth the price. No blisters, no tired dogs, no wet feet, excellent traction on rocks wet and dry: better than any boots I have owned previously. There was no break-in needed and no pressure points developed.

I did add an insole prior to wearing them, but I do this with all my boots. I have had these boots a few months now and have well over a hundred miles on them in rain and snow, on good trails and ice-covered peaks, and I still think they are the best boots I have owned.

Only complaint is that, like any waterproofed product, breathability is not very good. I guess you cannot have everything.

On Sale. Free Shipping. Scarpa Men's Charmoz Pro GTX Boot FEATURES of the Scarpa Men's Charmoz Pro GTX Boot Articulated Tri-Flex ankle Low-profile lacing Synthetic L-Tech uppers reinforced with microsuede Gore-Tex for confidence in wet conditions Semi-automatic crampon-compatible Friction zone and full rubber rand for climbing performance SPECIFICATIONS of the Scarpa Men's Charmoz Pro GTX Boot Upper: Nylon L-Tech Microfiber Lining: Gore-Tex - Performance Comfort Insole: Pro-Fiber XT 20 Midsole: Dual-density Microporous EVA Sole: Vibram Mulaz Last: FT Weight: 1/2 per pair: 1 lb 9.5 oz / 725 g

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version

Scarpa's Charmoz Pro GTX boot will lighten your load and quicken your pace when alpine climbing. This ia an incredibly light and versatile alpine boot.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version

The Scarpa Charmoz Pro GTX mountaineering boots are made for high-altitude enthusiasts looking for lightweight support and comfort while conquering peaks.

- REI refers to the men's version

From the French Alps to the Wasatch, lace up the Scarpa Men's Charmoz Pro GTX Mountaineering Boot and cover steep alpine terrain with confidence. The Gore-Tex Performance Comfort Lining guarantees waterproof and breathable protection while the lightweight synthetic L-Tech upper provides durability suited to the most rugged terrain. The boot is compatible with semi-automatic crampons and includes a full rubber rand for solid climbing performance on technical rock.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

Lighten your load and quicken your pace when alpine climbing with this incredibly light and versatile alpine boot Made with friction zone and full rubber rand for climbing Synthetic uppers with GoreTex and LTech SpecsUpper Nylon LTech MicrofiberLining GoreTex Performance ComfortInsole ProFiberMidsole Dualdensity Microporous EVASole Vibram TT LiteLast FT

- Bentgate.com refers to the men's version