Scarpa Delta M3

As usual, I bought these at less than half price about…

Materials: Leather
Use: Walking, scrambling, non technical mountaineering
Break-in Period: NONE!!!!!
Weight: 2.15 kilograms a pair of size 48s
Price Paid: £50

As usual, I bought these at less than half price about three years ago in a place called Moorland Rambler in Exeter, Devon,UK. The previous reviewer says they are heavy, but they are my lightest pair of mountain boots and I use them in summer and snow free conditions in winter.

They were comfortable straight out of the box and give good ankle support. Any pair of European size 48 Scarpa will fit me straight out of the box and these were no exception. They do make a squeaking noise when I walk that has never gone away.

These are rated "comfort flex", my Mantas are "Pro flex" which means they are stiffer and rated B2,(will take semi step in crampons). Both the Mantas and Deltas have never given me any foot problems or blisters, over literally hundreds of miles climbing many dozens of mountains.

If you buy a pair of these for hiking, you won't go far wrong. I would not use crampons with them, although a pair of strap-ons would be OK providing you didn't keep them on all day. Scarpa are a highly respected company and these about my tenth pair of these manufacturer's boots and I have never had a dud!

I bought theses in preparation for my first backpacking…

Materials: nunbuck leather
Use: backpacking
Break-in Period: 25 miles

I bought theses in preparation for my first backpacking trip to Isle Royale. I'm a pretty big dude (6'2", 245 lbs) and have had prior ankle injuries.

I was attracted to the Scarpa's because everything I read about them promised a high ankle and are very ridged leather upper. After purchasing the boots I found this to be absolutely true. I've been training with a heavy pack (50 lbs) over a lot of different terrain including sand dunes. The boots have performed as promised. The uppers have provided excellent support, and so far no rolled ankles.

Cons:
I did not find them very comfortable out of the box and I would be cautious about any review that claims that any boots need no break in time. They started out somewhat snug in the width of the toes, but broke in within a few weeks of regular ware.

These are heavy old school style hiking boots. If you’re looking for a $50 pair of ultra light trail shoes stop reading now. You’re getting a well made leather boot that from what I can tell is bomb proof, but you’re going to have to pay for it in weight.

Pros:
Good material and very sturdy boot. These are not Gore-tex boots but so far have been very waterproof. I treated mine with a boot sealer and so far nothing gets in.

Overall I would recommend these boots. They were defiantly wroth the money and I look forward to wearing them for years to come.

On Sale. Free Shipping. Scarpa Men's Delta M3 Boot (Fall 2007) A softer-flexing, rough-out leather version of the SL M3 by Scarpa. Durable forextended use but with a quick break-in period and excellentabrasion resistance.Features:Versatile, durable hiking bootOiled Nubuck leather uppersLittleway stitch for long-term useEasy-flexing yet supportiveGood for day hikes and backpackingSpecs:Upper: Oiled Sherpa HS12 Nubuck leatherLining: TaibrelleMidsole: Comfort-flexSole: Vibram M3Last: BXSizes: 38-47, 48 (half sizes)Weight: 1650g (42)Color: T. MoroScarpa Product WarrantySCARPA products are covered by a 1 year limited warranty from the original date of purchase. This warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship. Damage that is due to normal use and wear, abuse or accidents is not covered by this warranty. Products that have been resoled or otherwise modified are excluded from this warranty. Fit is not covered by this warranty. Except as otherwise specified above. SCARPA MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE DESIGN CONDITION OR QUALITY OF MATERIALS AND WORKMANSHIP TO THE PURCHASER OF THE GOODS PURCHASED HEREBY OR ANY OTHER PERSON WHATSOEVER.SCARPA North America, Inc. reserves the right to make all warranty determinations which may include but are not limited to repair, replacement or credit for the product. If it is determined that there is no warranty issue with the returned product, the product will be returned to the dealer with a note of explanation.We ask that dealers are our first line of service in the warranty evaluation process, and prefer that all consumer warranty returns be handled through an authorized SCARPA dealer.

CLOSEOUTS . Midweight Scarpa Delta M3 hiking boots have 2.7-2.9 mm Sherpa HS12 nubuck uppers and genuine Vibram(R) outsoles for years of legendary Scarpa comfort, support and durability. Thick one-piece nubuck uppers Scuff-resistant HS12 silicone tanning process Synthetic moisture-wicking lining Transpiration removable comfort footbeds Vibram(R) rubber outsoles Great support for backpacking Height: 5- ” Weight: 3 lb. 14 oz. pr. Medium width CLOSEOUTS . Italy. Size Euro (US): 36 (4 ) 36 (5) 37 (5-5 ) 37 (5 ) 38 (6) 38 (6-6 ) 39 (6 -7) 39 (7) 40 (7 ) 40 (7 -8) 41 (8-8 ) 41 (8 ) 42 (9) 42 (9 ) 43 (9 -10) 43 (10) 44 (10 ) 44 (11) 45 (11-11 ) 45 (11 ) 46 (12) 46 (12-12 )

- Sierra Trading Post

The Scarpa Delta M3 has a classic Italian mountain boot appearance. It should; it is still made in Italy, with a no-compromise attitude in choice of materials and construction methods. Flexible enough for rugged day hiking, substantive enough for long distances carrying heavy loads. Scarpa Delta M3 features: High quality, one piece Nubuck leather uppers for weather resistance and durability.Internally stitched construction is tough and resolable.Weight for men's size 42 is 1650 grams.European sizing with half sizes has smaller increments than US sizing, for a more precise fit. OMC Shoe Buyer says: The Delta is a truly classic boot (see above). Like most classic Italian lasts it has a medium width toe box and a narrower heel. Unfortunately for everyone, Scarpa has discontinued the Delta, limited sizes still available.Confused about the sizing? Check out our Shoe Sizing Comparison Chart .

- OMCgear

Scarpa Men's Delta M3

The Men's Delta M3 has been discontinued.

The Scarpa Men's Delta M3 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 27, 2009 at Moosejaw.