Scarpa Epic Pro GTX

Comfortable, waterproof "utility shoes." Fit true…

Summary

Comfortable, waterproof "utility shoes." Fit true to size, look good.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • True to size
  • Sharp looking

Cons

• Heavy
  • Questionably longevity

These are comfortable waterproof shoes that I consider a good all-rounder. They hold up for multi-mile hikes but are casual enough to throw on for a run to the supermarket. They didn't need any break-in and fit true to size.

They are heavy for the style, but that is likely due to the Goretex that makes them waterproof. They do a good job of keeping your feet toasty in the cold. I have only had them for the winter but I expect they will be too warm to wear for much in the summer months.

My only concerns relate to longevity and durability. For the cost I would expect these shoes to stand up to a lot and already the insole in one shoe is beginning to peel up, and a crease formed almost instantly at the back of the left heel in the material on the inside. So far it is intact but I don't know how long that will last.

Scarpa Men's Epic Pro GTX

The Scarpa Men's Epic Pro GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 11, 2014 at CampSaver.com.