Scarpa Kinesis Pro GTX

A well made Italian hiking/backpacking boot that comes…

Summary

A well made Italian hiking/backpacking boot that comes out of the box ready to go and requires little "break-in" time. Full grain leather with Gore-Tex. Vibram soles are softer and grip uneven surfaces easily.

Pros

• Well made, with Gore-Tex
  • Unique lacing design
  • Very easy on/off

Cons

• None that come to mind

My first pair of Scarpa hiking boots. I liked them right out of the box.

My usual combination of a thin sock under a merino wool sock gave me a perfect fit without any "hot" spots on the first hike. The boots now have 45 miles on them and they continue to show me just how well made they are. No problems with lacing, sewing, or de-laminating.

Welcome to Trailspace, Don.

Ultimate heavy-duty backpacking boot — long distance,…

Price Paid: $260 (super deal)

Summary

Ultimate heavy-duty backpacking boot — long distance, heavy loads — incredible support, comfort, and durability.

Pros

• Comfort
  • Support
  • Design
  • Performance
  • Light weight

Cons

• Haven't discovered one yet!

I bought these to replace my worn-out Scarpa Barun GTXs (got several years out of them).

I may have the fortune to find that the Scarpa foot-last fits my foot perfectly. These boots fit true to size.

What can I say? Incredible comfort, support, and performance. These are well-made, well designed, heavy-duty backpacking boots. Designed for multi-day, long distance hiking/backpacking over rugged terrain.

I have worn them now for 100s of kms on day hikes with moderate to heavy loads.

I plan on putting them to the heavy-duty test this spring, summer and fall. Will give an update later in the year.

Thanks for the review. Looking forward to the update!