Scarpa Ladakh GTX

Heartedly recommended boots for anyone that values…

Price Paid: Roughly €300

Summary

Heartedly recommended boots for anyone that values durability and long life for their shoes.

Pros

• Strength/durability
  • Goes well with wide feet
  • High rubber ramps

Cons

• Weight tad on heavy side
  • Never really was satisfied with Vibram soles / slippery when worn out on wet roots.

I have been trekking with Scarpa Ladakh GTX boots for over ten years now. Can't remember if they were hard to break in. I think they were not.

Easy to walk — the feet are in like bird nests still after these years. I have been using these with heavy load and backpacking roughly 30 days per year and they still don't leak — not even laces have been broken yet. Now after more than ten years use, it seems that the sole needs to be glued again, and therefore I will leave these to shoemaker to be rebuild them as my spare boots.

Week ago I purchased on Meindl Gufferts, which fit nicely to my feet. I just hope that these will be next favourites. The next years will tell. Meanwhile I can really heartedly recommend Ladakhs, if they just fit into your feet. Perfect boots for rough terrain and heavy load.

Scarpa Ladakh GTX

The Scarpa Ladakh GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 15, 2012 at Moosejaw.