Heartedly recommended boots for anyone that values…

Price Paid: Roughly €300

Summary

Heartedly recommended boots for anyone that values durability and long life for their shoes.

Pros

• Strength/durability
  • Goes well with wide feet
  • High rubber ramps

Cons

• Weight tad on heavy side
  • Never really was satisfied with Vibram soles / slippery when worn out on wet roots.

I have been trekking with Scarpa Ladakh GTX boots for over ten years now. Can't remember if they were hard to break in. I think they were not.

Easy to walk — the feet are in like bird nests still after these years. I have been using these with heavy load and backpacking roughly 30 days per year and they still don't leak — not even laces have been broken yet. Now after more than ten years use, it seems that the sole needs to be glued again, and therefore I will leave these to shoemaker to be rebuild them as my spare boots.

Week ago I purchased on Meindl Gufferts, which fit nicely to my feet. I just hope that these will be next favourites. The next years will tell. Meanwhile I can really heartedly recommend Ladakhs, if they just fit into your feet. Perfect boots for rough terrain and heavy load.