Scarpa Mont Blanc GTX

From day one, it fit me like a glove! No blisters,…

Price Paid: US$280 (on sale)

Summary

From day one, it fit me like a glove! No blisters, just comfort!

Pros

• Light

Cons

• Rubber may get cracks

I'd had bought a pair of Nepal Evos (La Sportiva), but after wearing them a couple of times, they became very tight on my feet and pushing on my toes, not comfortable at all. So I sold the EVOs and got a pair of Scarpa Mont Blancs.

They fit me perfectly from day one. Perfect fit on foot, heel and ankle. The lacing system (with a mid point) helps get the right fit both on the feet and ankle part of the boot. I have wide and flat feet, and Scarpas have always fit me perfectly. Just like other Scarpa boots, I've never had to break them in and have never had any blisters with them.

Living in NZ it's always hard to find good climbing boots that are light and waterproof enough to endure the long approaches in mixed terrain (kilometers and kilometers of walking along riverbeds and river crossings, muddy bush tracks, bush bashing and so on) but that are still warm and rigid enough to climb snow and ice. I've found this with the Scarpa Mont Blancs.

I've had them for over a year now, and I'm still very happy with them. They keep my feet warm, they are snug enough for ice climbing, but comfortable for walking long distances. They also keep my feet dry and are very breathable. The vibram sole is pretty grippy and holds well on slippery rocks.

My only tiny nit is the rubber around the front. I'd had it for a couple of weeks and while out on an overnight trip, I noticed a small crack on the rubber on my toe area. I couldn't be bothered sending it back, so I just used a product to cover the crack and have been using it  like that since then, having no more problems. I believe I may have just been unlucky, but you might want to keep that in mind.

Tried Mont Blancs this morning on a two hour mountain…

Price Paid: traded for faulty cumbres

Tried Mont Blancs this morning on a two hour mountain hike strait from the box, was like wearing air inflated socks. I had these as a replacement for faulty Cumbres. To be honest didn't think the Monts would cut it, but how wrong was I.

I nearly sent them back as the sole wear is not as chunky as the cumbres, but thought what the hell just have to resole sooner, but as they are lighter and a tad less stiffer I found there's no dragging or heel slip pulling them down. I will be using them every day for a couple of hours mountain hiking, ace grip inside and out, lots of flex, lots of stability. If they keep up this comfort I'll soon be having a second pair.

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Mont Blanc GTX versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there is 1 review for another version of the Mont Blanc GTX. Read all reviews »

Visit Scarpa's Mont Blanc GTX page.

With superb all-around mountain performance, the Scarpa Mont Blanc GTX women's mountaineering boots are lightweight and responsive for great feel yet sturdy and tough enough for harsh environs.

Molto versatile! The Scarpa Mont Blanc is a stunning all-around mountaineering boot. Cover glacier expanses, conquer vertical ice. This all leather women's specific boot is not only lightweight and warm, but offers excellent fit and comfort. If your pursuits take you far above treeline and require the nimbleness of a mountain goat, look no further. 3 mm Perwanger leather offers exceptional durability and fit GORE TEX(R) Insulated Comfort offers insulation, waterproofedness, and durability for high altitude and cold temperatures Scarpa's ErgoFit System offers omni-dimensional ankle flex for natural ankle flex while still providing lateral support Pro-Fiber insole keeps feet warm and cushioned Deeply lugged Vibram(R) Total Traction sole offers traction and shock absorption on snow and rock Vibram(R) rubber toe and heel rand for technical smearing and edging assists alpine scrambles Re-designed rear rand locks heel down even when front pointing Advanced Mid-Sole System combining TPU (Thermoplastic Urethane) with PU inserts provides the perfect blend of stiffness, shock absorption, and sensitivity PU/TPU midsole is stiff enough to accept bail or semi-automatic crampons Made in Italy Scarpa's women's specific AGW last features a narrower heel and slightly slimmer midfoot eliminating excess slop while maintaining toe wiggle room While the women's Mont Blanc has lower volume than the men's, we still find that the Mont Blanc fit is one of the best for ladies with wider or high volume feet

- OMCgear

Female winter warriors take note: the Scarpa Women's Mont Blanc GTX Mountaineering Boot enables sure-footed mountain meandering or burly peak bagging in a last fit for a queen. Thanks to classic mountaineering design and the protection of Gore-Tex waterproof breathable materials, this boot conquers all. Lace up the versatile Mont Blanc, and experience unmatched comfort while on your approach without sacrificing stability on steep terrain.

On Sale. Free Shipping. Scarpa Women's Mont Blanc GTX Boot FEATURES of the Scarpa Women's Mont Blanc GTX Boot Automatic and semi-automatic crampon-compatible Insulated Comfort Gore-Tex keep your feet warm and dry ErgoFit System offers omni-directional ankle flex allowing for natural motion with perfect support Rear randing locks heel securely for climbing performance Advanced Midsole System provides maximum shock absorption, improved sensitivity Lightest in its class SPECIFICATIONS of the Scarpa Women's Mont Blanc GTX Boot Upper: 3mm Suede Perwanger HS12 Lining: Gore-Tex - Insulated Comfort Insole: Pro-Fiber XT 20 Midsole: PU/TPU Sole: Vibram Total Traction Last: AGW Weight: 1/2 per pair: 1 lb 14.4 oz / 862 g