Scarpa Nangpa-La XCR

Boot is solid and can take a beating. I scramble rather…

Price Paid: 160 e

Summary

Boot is solid and can take a beating. I scramble rather than hike, and I have a heavy build. Inside, the boot can be a bit more comfortable. It's a bit hard, but still comfortable. It is a bit narrow fit but also on the smaller side, so expect to take a full size bigger.

Pros

• Light
  • Solid build
  • Not easy to break in
  • Good traction and grip
  • Firm chassis
  • Toe protection very good
  • Waterproof
  • Grips like a 4x4 in the dry

Cons

• Top eyelids flimsy
  • Narrow fit
  • Lace too thin
  • No side eyelids to tighten at a low point
  • No back loops
  • Flap causes chaffing
  • Cheap hard insole.
  • Rubbish of a grip on wet rocks.

Shoes is too narrow. Feels uncomfortable inside compared with La Sportiva and North Face. Very good scrambling in the dry. Avoid wearing them in wet on wet rocks. Rubbish in the wet.

Once again, the shoe is narrow in the toe box and upper front. It will cripple you if you have wide feet.

Build is fantastic. This shoe will last long!

Welcome to Trailspace, John.

John De Camino

Thanks Alicia

One of the worst shoes I have ever bought. Shoes are…

Summary

One of the worst shoes I have ever bought.

Shoes are well fit but it is poor in production quality.

First of this boot I bought was found the Gore-Tex layer did not able of protect me from rain after wearing it for 6 months! (I wear it twice per month and not a massive hiker, maybe less than 10km per trip.)

I took it to the shop I purchased and replaced a new pair with different color. Problem appear after 9 months of use. The sole started to detach from the shoe... The glue is last durable at all!

Scarpa Nangpa-La XCR

$189.00 (men's)

The Scarpa Nangpa-La XCR is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 5, 2013 at CampSaver.com.