Scarpa Nepal Pro GTX

Overall this is a great boot. I used waterproofing…

Materials: leather
Use: backpacking
Break-in Period: several day hikes

Overall this is a great boot. I used waterproofing on the leather and waded creeks with dry feet still. Great traction and stability. However, they sold me the wrong size. I have wide feet but they assured me it would stretch out as it was leather. I had them stretched on a machine three times and still ended up with major toe blisters.Plus they seem to be too short for me even though they are the same length as my orthotic I used in my old boots.

I wonder now if there is something about these boots that allow your foot to slide forward too much. I lost three toenails after our August 2007 backpacking trip. They were laced very tight also in an attempt to keep the heel back. Needless to say my very expensive boot will not be worn by me again. I hope I can find them a good home.

Overall a good boot. It does the job well and keeps…

Materials: leather
Use: backpacking and trekking
Break-in Period: 2-3 months
Weight: 2-3 kg
Price Paid: £120

Overall a good boot. It does the job well and keeps good grip on slippery surfaces. It definitely has a very good fit once broken in. The main boot is very very strong and abrasions are very rare. I have worn my boots nonstop since I bought them. Very comfy!

If you've owned or used a Scarpa Nepal Pro GTX, please share your experience.

Scarpa Nepal Pro GTX

$259.00 (men's)

The Scarpa Nepal Pro GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 7, 2012 at Moosejaw.