Scarpa Omega

Nice boot runs narrow. Has a precise fit and just…

Nice boot runs narrow. Has a precise fit and just enough flex. Not too heavy for a plastic. I have an older one before the Intuition liner. I bought an aftermarket Intutition Denali liner. Love it. I have a size 12b foot and am using a 13 boot with the Denali liner and custom footbeds that I switch between my ski boots and these.

I am on the lookout for closeout new ones as mine have taken a beating but are still living. I want to prepare for the future if Scarpa decides to discontinue. I hope not. These are my fav plastics.

These boots feel like a hybrid between a real stiff leather and a full bore plastic. I wear them for ice climbing, alpine, and winter BP. I have commonly done 10-20 miles a day in them peak bagging in the Northeast and they have worked admirably.

Obviously not as comfy as doing 20 in a soft leather or split leather but not freezing your feet off and have a warm dry liner in the morning outweight the discomfort.

If you have a narrowish foot I highly recommend them, fat feet people should buy with caution. Make sure you can return it.

Third pair of plastics for me. Much more nimble, plenty…

Materials: Plastic
Use: Mountaineerring
Break-in Period: none
Price Paid: ~$350

Third pair of plastics for me. Much more nimble, plenty warm. Had read of durability problems but have two good seasons of use. Not a bad rocker for walk in, nice and easy to get on in the frozen morning. Great fit with my Grivel crampons. The best hard shell I have seen.

Visit Scarpa's Omega page.

The most technical and precise plastic doubleboot available This boot has carbon fiber inserts in the sole to stiffen without adding weight Also the thermo moldable liner is just what you need for getting a perfect fit This boot is light and warmFeatures Upper PEBAX Lining Plusfit Ice thermo liner Sole Baltoro Color Sunset Sizes 5513 UK Weight 1860g 8

- Bentgate.com

The final word on plastic double mountaineering boots, Scarpa's Omega blends technical features, precise fit, and proven construction. Built to help you reach your goal, the themomoldable liner, Pebax shell, carbon fiber stiffeners, and deep lugs offer lightweight protection from the worst Mother Nature can throw at you. European sizing.

- Mountain Gear

On Sale. Free Shipping. Scarpa Men's Omega Boot DECENT FEATURES of the Scarpa Men's Omega Boot Hinged ankle walks great Carbon fiber inserts in soles for max stiffness without weight Comes with Intuition Mountain Tech heat-moldable liner Light and warm, it climbs exceptionally well Eyelets allow for quick and powerful closure The SPECS Upper: 100% Pebax Liner: Intuition Mountain Tech Insole: Carbon fiber Sole: Skywalk Baltoro Weight: 1/2 pair: 2 lbs / 907 g

The Omega Mountaineering Boots from Scarpa? are the most technical plastic double-boots available, tackling steep ice and alpine terrain with expert fast-and-light precision.

- EMS

Scarpa Omega

The Scarpa Omega is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 11, 2013 at Bentgate.com.

If you're looking for a new mountaineering boot, check out the best reviewed current models.