I hiked with these boots all winter in the White mountains…

Materials: Leather
Use: Winter peakbagging
Break-in Period: Good right out of the box!
Weight: About 4 and a half pounds
Price Paid: About 300?

I hiked with these boots all winter in the White mountains and climbed 13 of the four thousand footers including Mount Washington with them. I give them 5 stars for comfort.

My only gripe, and it's a small one, is their warmth. I wish they were warmer. But, as with all things, it's a trade off. They're a relatively light single leather Winter boot. Initially I wore them without toe warmers and found my toes hovering around, but never becoming, numb. With the addition of toe warmers I never had a problem. I would have concerns on a long hike well below zero F without toe warmers.

Other than that, I love them. Took step in crampons beautifully and were sure footed when bare booting. Excellent Scarpa quality.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Summit GTX versions

In addition to the 1 men's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Summit GTX. Read all reviews »