Scarpa Summit GTX

I hiked with these boots all winter in the White mountains…

Materials: Leather
Use: Winter peakbagging
Break-in Period: Good right out of the box!
Weight: About 4 and a half pounds
Price Paid: About 300?

I hiked with these boots all winter in the White mountains and climbed 13 of the four thousand footers including Mount Washington with them. I give them 5 stars for comfort.

My only gripe, and it's a small one, is their warmth. I wish they were warmer. But, as with all things, it's a trade off. They're a relatively light single leather Winter boot. Initially I wore them without toe warmers and found my toes hovering around, but never becoming, numb. With the addition of toe warmers I never had a problem. I would have concerns on a long hike well below zero F without toe warmers.

Other than that, I love them. Took step in crampons beautifully and were sure footed when bare booting. Excellent Scarpa quality.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Summit GTX versions

In addition to the 1 men's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Summit GTX. Read all reviews »

Scarpa Men's Summit GTX

The Men's Summit GTX has been discontinued.

The Scarpa Men's Summit GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 29, 2011 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new mountaineering boot, check out the best reviewed current models.