Scarpa Vapor

I have a wider women's foot, this shoe fits my forefoot…

Summary

I have a wider women's foot, this shoe fits my forefoot like a second skin. The edging is tremendous in the steeps. Due to the downturned sole, smearing is not as effective on friction. They aren't an all day wear, but after the break from belaying, I can put them on again without concern. The heel cup fits snugly. I wear the same as my street shoe.

Pros

• Edging
  • Wider toebox
  • Sticky soles

Cons

• Duration of time to mold to feet

I have a wider women's foot and this shoe fits my forefoot like a second skin. Not without a lengthy break-in period. It requires wearing them for a pitch, then taking them off for belay, then wearing again. They're now my favorites.

They aren't an all day wear, but they are great when the conditions are right. Due to the downturned sole, smearing is not effective on friction. The edging is tremendous in the steeps. The heel cup fits snugly and the lacing allows a custom fit. I wear the same as my street shoe.

It's a great shoe; I would recommend it to anyone looking for a little wider women's shoe than most that is available.

Visit Scarpa's Men's Vapor page.

The Scarpa Vapor Men's Climbing Shoe is a powerful and technical, high-performance shoe that craves footwork challenges.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version

On Sale. Free Shipping. Scarpa Vapor Climbing Shoe FEATURES of the Scarpa Vapor Climbing Shoe Bi-Tension active randing system provides maximum toe power Lorica toebox provides long-term fit and comfort Vibram XS Edge provides incredible grip and durability Lace loops wrap the foot for added precision SPECIFICATIONS of the Scarpa Vapor Climbing Shoe Upper: Suede/Lorica Midsole: Flexan Sole: Vibram XS Edge; 4 mm Last: FR Weight: 1/2 pair: 8.8 oz / 250 g

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version

With the right combination of performance, precision and comfort, the Scarpa Vapor lace-up rock shoes let you spend long days at the crag or in the alpine climbing hard trad routes. Constructed on a cambered last, Vapor shoes have down-turned toes that let you pull off fancy footwork on challenging climbs. Toe boxes are made with Lorica(R) synthetic leather for good comfort and a fit that won't stretch out. 4mm Vibram XS Edge rubber grips rock and endures regular wear. Leather lace loops wrap your feet for a precise fit. Scarpa Vapor lace-up rock shoes feature loops at the heels to ease entry. Closeout.

- REI refers to the men's version

Scarpa Mens Vapor - A powerful and technical, high-performance shoe that craves footwork challenges. Upper: Suede/Lorica(R) Midsole: Flexan Sole: Vibram(R) XS Edge; 4mm Last: FR Sizes: 36 - 45 (half sizes) Weight: 258g; 9.1oz Color: Lite Orange Product Code: 70030/000

- Massey's Outfitters refers to the men's version