Sea to Summit Accessory Straps

Metal hook cannot withstand rated load. I purchased…

Summary

Metal hook cannot withstand rated load.

Pros

• Metal hook makes attachment easy.

Cons

• Metal hook is too weak for load

I purchased a set of the 3/4" version of these straps to attach a bear canister to my external frame backpack. These straps are supposed to be rated in excess of 440 pounds according to the packaging. My bear canister with a week's supply of food weighed approximately 15 pounds. The metal hooks on the straps have slowly started to spread, so it is just a matter of time before failure occurs.

Welcome to Trailspace, Jim. I had looked at these in the past. Good to know!

These straps do their job. They are easy to use and…

Price Paid: $10 for 2

Summary

These straps do their job. They are easy to use and give no hassle.

Pros

• Easy to use
  • Metal buckles

Cons

• Long

These straps seem to be very durable and seem like they will last a very long time. I went back and forth whether to buy these for $10 or buy cheap ones at Walmart and I'm glad I went with these.

The metal buckle gives me peace of mind that they're not going to snap. The hook on the buckle is great because you don't have to thread the end through the buckles every time you want to unstrap something. You just loosen the strap a little and unhook it. Great design!

The straps are kind of long for my liking, but I will probably get them trimmed down with a heat knife.

Visit Sea to Summit's Accessory Straps page.

We took our versatile accessory straps and added a quick release buckle that is made from durable powder coated steel.

- Ramsey Outdoor

With buckles of a lightweight anodized aluminum alloy, the Accessory Straps from Sea to Summit will be one of the most versatile items in your gear bag. A few of their uses include strapping gear to roof racks, lashing dry bags together and attaching gear to your pack.

- CampSaver.com

Strap gear to roof racksLash dry bags together or onto a deckUse to attach gear to your packLightweight anodized aluminium alloy buckleWidth: 20 mm / 3/4Length: 60 / 1.5 m

- River Sports Outfitters