Sierra Designs Night Watch CD

Best tent ever!!!!! I have had this tent for several…

Summary

Best tent ever!!!!!

Pros

• Light
  • Strong
  • Fast easy setup
  • Very stable

Cons

• None

I have had this tent for several years. It is a great lightweight tent. It is very very sturdy. We have camped in this tent at Copper Breaks State Park in Texas when a tornado missed us by only about a mile.

My son and I were the only ones of the group of three tents that had a usable tent in the morning!!!!

I will buy this tent again, "IF" I ever have to replace it!!!!

Get the footprint groundcloth, you won't regret it.

Ready to leave? Pick it up and shake it out, roll it up and go.

I'm sure the 2.0 version is even better!!

Great tent for me. Strong design holds snow well.

Design: 4 season Convertible, Dome
Ease of Setup: Fast, simle, easy!
Weight: ~5.5 pounds

Great tent for me. Strong design holds snow well. Low down shape sheds wind. Keeps you dry and happy in the worst of conditions. Despite how small it looks there is actually plenty of room for two people. I don't have a problem fiting two packs in the vestibule and extra gear inside, at one end of the tent. Plenty long (I am 6'1"). Light, compact.

Bottom line: A tent of this Caliber can't be beat for the weight. If you are a serious backpacker that encounters nasty weather (to both extremes). This tent is for you. Buy it now!

Problems: None, except that you can't really cook in the vestibule. But I never do anyway, for various reasons (it's not a smart practice).

Solid tent at a reasonable weight. Very sturdy in…

Design: 4 season convertible
Ease of Setup: Lots of things to clip and buckle which takes time, but increases strength
Weight: 6 1/2 lbs

Solid tent at a reasonable weight. Very sturdy in a storm, and has plenty of room inside for me, my gear, and my 85 lb German Shepherd. This is my third Sierra Designs tent, and I have always been pleased with them.

This is a storm-worthy tent and good price. Unique…

Design: Convertable 3-pole
Ease of Setup: Very easy, all clips, free standing
Weight: 5lbs 6oz

This is a storm-worthy tent and good price. Unique 3-pole design has space for 2 comfortably. The vestibule is sort of small though, but still enough for 2 packs. The zip open storm flaps on the door and skylight are very nice. The fly has a vent, but can't be opened from inside. I have been on two 2-week trips in Colorado where it has rained every day. It sort of leaked but not bad. I called Sierra Designs and they say it is a defect and are sending me a new fly! Very light for how quality it is. Easy to set up and very well placed guylines. I definitely recommend.

This tent has been a real luxury for me. It has allowed…

Design: Convertible
Ease of Setup: What set up?
Weight: 5lbs, 6oz

This tent has been a real luxury for me. It has allowed me to sleep through some of the most wicked storms you've ever seen. I think the roof vent is a nice feature, and the double sliders on the vestibule are nice for venting, too.

Sierra Designs Night Watch CD

The Night Watch CD has been discontinued.

The Sierra Designs Night Watch CD is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new four-season tent, check out the best reviewed current models.