men's
Weight 17 oz
Center Back Length 29.5 in (Large)
Waterproof 10,000 mm
Breathability 30,000 grams per sq m
Shell Fabric Cocona Xcellerator

Major disappointment. Not worth the money. I've had…

Summary

Major disappointment. Not worth the money.

Pros

• Light weight
  • Fairly breathable

Cons

• Flimsy zippers
  • SD won't honor warranty

I've had this parka for about 2 years.The zippers are bad news and very delicate. Left pocket zipper failed on mine (teeth separated from the zipper tape). I doubt I cycled the zipper 50 times before it came apart.

Here's what SD says on their warranty page:

"Sierra Designs guarantees that the materials and workmanship in every product we make will stand up to the use for which it was designed."

Seems like they should replace the zipper, but they claim that they literally cannot do it because of the zipper and pocket design and I'm just out of luck.

They offered me 50% off three more SD products instead. Yeah right, spend more money on their products. Come on, build good stuff and honor your warranty, SD.

I'd recommend people look elsewhere for a quality parka, like Mountain Hardwear and North Face. Both good products and both companies stand behind their products.

Pros: Light, good venting, good breathability, loose fit for layering.

Cons: flimsy zippers, poor abrasion resistance, non-existent customer service.