Slumberjack -20°F Mummy

I purchased this particuliar Mummy Bag from Campmor…

Design: Mummy
Fill: Dupont Hollofil II
Temperature Rating: -20 F
Weight: around 7lbs.

I purchased this particuliar Mummy Bag from Campmor when I purchased my T.N.F. VE-25 Tent last year. For $69.99 I couldn't hardly pass this up for a bag rated to -20 Degrees. I'm not sure of the model name (if any). Used this bag on last Winter's Camping adventures and the Bag did a decent job of keeping me warm on those cold Ohio nights. My only fault I found was with the fit. At only 32" at the shoulders, I found it a little constrictive for a large, wide-shouldered guy like me. I would literally wake up in the morning with some rather sore shoulders due to being compressed all night. The bag appeared to be of quality construction. No fault otherwise. I recently purchased another Mummy Bag from ALPS Mountaineering (also rated to -20) that has a slightly wider cut so I gave this Slumberjack Bag to a friend of mine with narrower shoulders and I'm sure it will suit him just fine!

This bag is a heavier bag, but it is warm in those…

Design: Mummy
Fill: Hollofil II
Temperature Rating: -20
Weight: 7 lbs

This bag is a heavier bag, but it is warm in those conditions, but it's awesome for the poor mountaineer like myself. I have gone down to 0 degrees not including wind chill and it was fine. I am 5'9" and the regular bag is a bit short, so go bigger. A compression sack is essential for this bag because it doesn't pack too small. So if you're loookin not to hurt your wallet too much and stay warm, here's your bag.

Climashield XP Insulation fill stays warm (even when wet) while maintaining shape and performance year after yearDesigned to stay warm all over - cold spots are eliminated with the double and triple offset differential cut constructionSeason after season durability thanks to nylon diamond ripstop outer with polyester taffeta linerTrapezoid ventilated footbox for extra room and temperature controlKeep the hood nice and snug with easy access drawcords and barrel lock closuresHook and loop closure prevents zippers from separating and allowing heat to escapeDraft tube sewn along zipper prevents heat loss through the zipper coilsAnti-snag zipper tape sewn along draft tube and liner so zipper won't get stuck.

- Campmor

Slumberjack -20°F Mummy

The -20°F Mummy has been discontinued.

The Slumberjack -20°F Mummy is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 15, 2011 at Campmor.

If you're looking for a new cold weather synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.