Slumberjack Denali Summit 1

I'm a college student, studying ecology. I spend a…

Design: mummy
Fill: 650 fill down
Temperature Rating: 25 F
Weight: 2lbs 13 oz

I'm a college student, studying ecology. I spend a lot of time doing field work and I also backpack and bike. I needed a bag that would keep me warm and well rested for long days of field work, but wasn't so expensive that I couldn't afford to pay for school. I've found the Denali Summit to be a pretty decent investment.

I think the 25 degree rating is probably about right. I've spent some cold spring nights in the Mojave desert with ice on the ground and covering my tent, but have slept well. I can't say the same for all of my fellow students. The baffles do a good job of keeping warm in and cold out. The hood fits pretty well, but is a little deep. Late night adjustments are pretty average, not superbly easy, not difficult. If you are looking for a pretty decent bag at a good price, this is the way to go. In the future (when I'm out of grad school) I may invest in something a little snazzier, but this is serving me well now. I have had a little bit of a problem with down loss through the shell, but not really to the extent that I would label it unusual. Good job, slumberjack.

Slumberjack Denali Summit 1

The Denali Summit 1 has been discontinued.

The Slumberjack Denali Summit 1 is not available from the stores we monitor.