Smartwool Adrenaline Light Mini Crew Sock

These are my first wool socks for non-winter use,…

These are my first wool socks for non-winter use, and I am impressed. They don't seem to get any hotter than cotton socks, and they have really impressed me with their wicking properties.

I discovered on a recent trip that my G-tex boots were no longer waterproof. The water was cold, and it happened on the first day of my trip. I prepared myself to be miserable for the rest of the trip since my boots take forever to dry out. With two pairs of these socks, I was able to hang one pair from my pack to dry while I wore the others. My boots dried out in no time. Even the long section of trail that I hiked with wet feet did not give me blisters.

Merino wool really does curb the stink from sweaty feet!

One thing I thought I would get from these socks is a bit of insulation at night. They don't insulate much at all. I don't take off any stars because they are designed to be light socks, and I think being cool during the day and warm at night is too much to expect of them. Great product, but shop carefully... this stuff is expensive.