SmartWool Adrenaline Light Mini Crew Sock

These are my first wool socks for non-winter use,…

These are my first wool socks for non-winter use, and I am impressed. They don't seem to get any hotter than cotton socks, and they have really impressed me with their wicking properties.

I discovered on a recent trip that my G-tex boots were no longer waterproof. The water was cold, and it happened on the first day of my trip. I prepared myself to be miserable for the rest of the trip since my boots take forever to dry out. With two pairs of these socks, I was able to hang one pair from my pack to dry while I wore the others. My boots dried out in no time. Even the long section of trail that I hiked with wet feet did not give me blisters.

Merino wool really does curb the stink from sweaty feet!

One thing I thought I would get from these socks is a bit of insulation at night. They don't insulate much at all. I don't take off any stars because they are designed to be light socks, and I think being cool during the day and warm at night is too much to expect of them. Great product, but shop carefully... this stuff is expensive.

SmartWool Men's Adrenaline Light Mini Crew Sock

The Men's Adrenaline Light Mini Crew Sock has been discontinued.

The SmartWool Men's Adrenaline Light Mini Crew Sock is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new running sock, check out the best reviewed current models.