SmartWool Lightweight Zip T

I urge all review-readers: as always, shop around.

I urge all review-readers: as always, shop around. I saw this top for as much as $80, but with a few Google searches found it for $30 on clearance.

Unlike the previous reviewer, I found the sizing chart to provide a good fit (I'm a small). I've been favorably impressed with this shirt. I did expect it to provide a bit more warmth, however.

To give a better idea, I'm a hot person in general and frequently hike with this as my shirt in 60ish degree weather with a 28lb pack with no problems. I would roast alive if I tried that with a long-sleeved shirt with any kind of insulation. Don't expect it to give you much insulation.

The wicking is awesome. I sweat a lot, even if I'm properly dressed, and I have not noticed wetness at all with this shirt.

It is also more durable than I expected. I did a weekend of bushwhacking through some tough underbrush this last weekend which shredded some of my gear, including the RidgeRest I had strapped to the outside of my pack. The shirt came through unscathed.

Bottom line: this shirt is awesome, but I wouldn't buy it at $80. Look around for a better deal.

This is supposed to be a either a baselayer or midlayer…

Fabric: Merino wool

This is supposed to be a either a baselayer or midlayer shirt that would do well in sports. I found the sizing terrible and uninteresting.

Pros:
Quality Merino
Flat seams

Cons:
Baggy and sized poorly with too long of length and misplaced shoulder seams for a size small

If you don't mind using it as the best sleepwear ever, which is what I've adopted it for, then intend it to serve similar purposes. This is a far cry from being an athletic shirt.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Lightweight Zip T versions

In addition to the 2 men's reviews above, there are 2 reviews for other versions of the Lightweight Zip T. Read all reviews »

Visit SmartWool's Lightweight Zip T page.

For those who run a little hot, Smartwool's Lightweight Zip T LS is the ideal fabric that combines versatility with year-round function. Made in Vietnam of New Zealand Zque Merino wool.

- CampSaver.com

The Smartwool Men's LightweightZip Top is like the caped crusader of the baselayer world--at any time, and in any conditions, it's ready to wick moisture, dry in a flash, and naturally fight odors thanks to its soft, stretchy merino wool construction. Flatlock seams give it next-to-skin comfort and the front zip aids in venting when you overheat.

Free Shipping. Smartwool Men's NTS Light 195 Zip T FEATURES of the Smartwool Men's NTS Light 195 Zip T Jersey and Rib knit UPF 35 14in. / 35.5 cm center front zipper with semi-locking logo slider and chin guard Sculpted side panel eliminates side seam for reduced chafing and body-enhancing fit Contoured sleeve cuff and drop-tail bottom hem for increased coverage Contrast color stitching on interior flatlock seams SPECIFICATIONS of the Smartwool Men's NTS Light 195 Zip T Form Fit 100% Merino Wool Garment Weight: 8.99 oz / 255 g Fabric Weight: 5.7 oz/yd2 / 195 gm/m2

Made from next-to-skin merino wool, SmartWool's Lightweight Crew provides year-round functionality with temperature regulation, ultimate breathability, UPF sun protection, and odor-free freshness.

- EMS