SmartWool Midweight Bottom

SmartWool bottoms keep you toasty but don't itch like…

Summary

SmartWool bottoms keep you toasty but don't itch like most wools. They are durable and machine washable. And they don't retain odor like capeliene material.

Pros

• Warm
  • Not ictchy

Cons

• Tend to stretch after wearing

Love my SmartWool thermals. They keep me toasty warm and are the only wool I can wear that doesn't itch me. They are machine washable and hold up really well. After a few days of wearing they do begin to stretch in certain areas.

They do a much better job at not retaining odor (unlike Patagonia's Capilene material - yuck!).

I am a huge fan of the wool movement, efficient and…

Fabric: wool

I am a huge fan of the wool movement, efficient and sustainable. These bottoms keep my comfortable throughout a huge temperature span. I live in northern California and don't encounter freezing temperatures too often. If I'm moving these bottoms keep me cozy from 30-65 degrees. They never seem too hot and I never notice the cold. They go into my sleeping bag with me if it's a bit cool out, very very comfortable. I also notice my legs never feel sweaty.

I work in the outdoor industry and so get a decent discount on most pieces. However I would still pay full price for anything wool because it is just so bomber. The other huge bonus is that 4 days into a trip with constant use I still smell tolerable, where my Capilene would be melting people's faces off.

If you need some warmth for your south these pants are a sound investment. Also if you get 'em from a place with a great return policy, you will never have to worry about them not living up to your expectations.

Visit SmartWool's Men's Midweight Bottom page.

The Smartwool Men's Midweight Bottoms are made from the heaviest fabric they offer. Yet, it's still breathable. Offering a covered elastic waistband and flatlock seam construction to eliminate chafing. Made in China of New Zealand Zque Merino wool.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version

The SmartWool Midweight long underwear bottoms for men are ideal for stop-and-go activities in cold weather.

- REI refers to the men's version

SmartWool Midweight Bottom for MenThe SmartWool Midweight Bottom for Men is an accessory that can keep you warm on all your outdoor activities. Thanks to the form-fitting materials this bottom is made of, you can wear it to any outdoor activity comfortably, looking absolutely great. This midweight bottom is designed with UPF 50+ to protect you against the harmful rays of the sun. The covered elastic waistband and traditional fly design, allow you to practice any sport without feeling overheated. Plus, the flatlock seam construction, eliminates chafing to prevent any discomfort to your skin. This garment comes in two different colors and a variety of sizes, to choose the one that suits you best. The SmartWool Midweight Bottom for Men is a must-have addition to your cold weather gear.

- SunnySports refers to the men's version

When winter finally arrives and keeps the snow soft for the weeks between storms, layer up with the SmartWool NTS Midweight Bottom to keep your working legs warm and dry. This midweight merino wool baselayer holds in your heat during frigid January storm days while also allowing ample breathability while you chop up all that new and beautiful snow.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version