SmartWool Midweight Bottom

SmartWool bottoms keep you toasty but don't itch like…

Summary

SmartWool bottoms keep you toasty but don't itch like most wools. They are durable and machine washable. And they don't retain odor like capeliene material.

Pros

• Warm
  • Not ictchy

Cons

• Tend to stretch after wearing

Love my SmartWool thermals. They keep me toasty warm and are the only wool I can wear that doesn't itch me. They are machine washable and hold up really well. After a few days of wearing they do begin to stretch in certain areas.

They do a much better job at not retaining odor (unlike Patagonia's Capilene material - yuck!).

I am a huge fan of the wool movement, efficient and…

Fabric: wool

I am a huge fan of the wool movement, efficient and sustainable. These bottoms keep my comfortable throughout a huge temperature span. I live in northern California and don't encounter freezing temperatures too often. If I'm moving these bottoms keep me cozy from 30-65 degrees. They never seem too hot and I never notice the cold. They go into my sleeping bag with me if it's a bit cool out, very very comfortable. I also notice my legs never feel sweaty.

I work in the outdoor industry and so get a decent discount on most pieces. However I would still pay full price for anything wool because it is just so bomber. The other huge bonus is that 4 days into a trip with constant use I still smell tolerable, where my Capilene would be melting people's faces off.

If you need some warmth for your south these pants are a sound investment. Also if you get 'em from a place with a great return policy, you will never have to worry about them not living up to your expectations.

If you've owned or used a SmartWool Midweight Bottom, please share your experience.