SmartWool Neck Gaiter

Nice merino neck gaiter. Keeps my neck warm with the…

Price Paid: $20 price match at Backcountry.com

Summary

Nice merino neck gaiter. Keeps my neck warm with the comfort of merino wool.

Pros

• Merino wool
  • Stretchy
  • Soft

Cons

• Could be a little longer?

Fit and comfort:  Pulls on easily over my head, stretchy enough to stay on over my nose and ears and comfortable enough to sleep in. The seams are internal and do not get in the way.

Adjustability: It has the elasticity of merino wool, but no additional adjustment devices. It's two layers of knit merino wool sewn together.

Water resistance: None, just a knit merino neck gaiter.

Breathability and Moisture management: Great! knit material allows moisture to pass through easily. In colder temperatures, I found some expected moisture buildup when I cover my face with it. It absorbs and wicks moisture with the properties of merino wool.

Warmth:  Keeps me warm, though I haven't used it in temperatures below 0 degrees F. (I have used it when the windchill made it feel colder, though)

Layering: Layers great, but a coat or jacket with a tight collar might not work so well.

Conditions: I wear it throughout the winter and have used it in temperatures between 0 and 30 with windchill bringing things below 0. I've slept in it and pulled it up over my mouth and nose in colder weather.

Thanks for the review, Sammy.

SmartWool Unisex Neck Gaiter

The SmartWool Unisex Neck Gaiter is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 9, 2015 at REI.

If you're looking for a new accessory, check out the best reviewed current models.