SmartWool Reversible Training Beanie

My go-to beanie for thin, soft, medium-warmth head…

Summary

My go-to beanie for thin, soft, medium-warmth head comfort. Suitable under a helmet.

Pros

• Thin enough to fit under a bike helmet
  • Long enough to cover eyes and nose for sleeping outside
  • Merino wool is the best material

Cons

• Merino wool has no cons
  • Not thick enough for extended use in below-freezing weather

I keep at least 6 warm hats handy and like to always know which ones will be most appropriate based on weather, activity, mood, and what else I'm wearing. I've had a reversible pink/grey SmartWool beanie for about 5 years and it has consistently been my most versatile and comfortable hat.

Sometimes I want the pink to show more and other times I prefer the grey. Regardless of the fashion statement I make, I've got some of the finest, softest wool against my forehead, ears, and head. It fits nicely under a bicycle helmet, it's long enough to wear either folded double-back over the ears or single-layer long, pointy, and flopped back. It also works great while camping and sleeping in a sleeping bag, pulled down over my eyes and nose to block out light and keep in heat without overheating or suffocating me.

Compared to most beanies I've owned, this is the thinnest for sure, so it's suitable for spring and fall weather but doesn't always cut it during the coldest winter days.

SC968-Our Reversible Training Beanie features a double layer design with clean finish seams for a bulk-free fit. Made from 100% Merino wool, this beanie shows off a contrast color interior.

Visit SmartWool's Reversible Training Beanie page.

The crew you run with every morning will never know you're running in the same Smartwool Reversible Training Beanie each time. For one thing, it's made out of naturally antimicrobial merino wool, meaning it won't smell like you did yesterday, and it's reversible so it looks like you own two. Clean finish seams and temperature regulated fabric bring a heap load of comfort that won't keep you too warm or too cold while you train in cold weather.

Smartwool NTS Light 195 Reversible Training Beanie FEATURES of the Smartwool NTS Light 195 Reversible Training Beanie NTS Light 195 fabric Reversible, Jersey knit construction with contrast color interior Double layer design with clean finish seams for bulk-free fit SPECIFICATIONS of the Smartwool NTS Light 195 Reversible Training Beanie 100% Merino Wool

Don't let the cold weather interrupt your workout routine. The SmartWool Training beanie keeps your head warm while you're out for a run. 4-panel, single-layer crown construction offers a good fit. Countoured, double-layer merino wool earband adds warmth and comfort.

Our favorite liner glove with a modern twist? touchscreen technology.

- RockCreek