Smith I/O

Visit Smith's I/O page.

Dr. Bob Smith was a dentist, but that didn't stop him from pioneering quality ski goggles in his Sun Valley kitchen. Smith's still going strong 50 years later, and the Backcountry. com Exclusive Dr. Bob I/O Goggle pays homage to the good doctor by throwing the style back to the '90s and using Smith's first-in-the-industry quick-change lens technology. It makes it a matter of seconds to swap out crystal-clear Carbonic-X TLT lenses to suit conditions so you'll never be caught out, and the I/O also features three-layer Driwix face foam and an easily adjustable silicone-backed strap so you can always fit dialed. The lenses use Vaporator anti-fog technoology, a Porex filter, and a 5x anti-fog treatment to keep condensation from cramping your style, too, so you can ride fog-free even on the soggiest, nastiest days.

As the original interchangeable goggles, the Asian-fit Smith I/O Photochromic Snow Goggles are the standard by which all other goggles are measured for comfort and clarity on the slopes.

When Smith created the I/O, they invented a category. As the original interchangeable goggle, the I/O is the standard by which all other goggles are measured.

- CampSaver.com

The Smith I/O remains the top-dog in goggles. While people first scoffed at interchangeable lenses, smart shoppers realize the Smith I/O gives you two goggles for the price of one. Conditions often change on a dime, and we like the ability to customize our goggles with a darker or lighter lens, whether in the parking lot, or even atop a ridge.-- Medium Fit-- Spherical(TM) series lenses offer a rimless field of vision and increased volume to maximize airflow and reduce fogging-- Snap in the right lens for the conditions with Smith's legendary Quick Release Lens System, simply pivot two switches to release lens -- Spherical, Carbonic-X Lens with TLT Optics mimic your retina's convex shape to minimize distortion and reduce eye strain-- Patented Vaporator Lens Technology with Porex(TM) Filter ensures fog-free vision-- Three-layer DriWix Face Foam uses dual density foam and fleece to wick moisture and keep your goggles sealed to you face-- 5X Anti-Fog Inner Lens-- Articulating Outrigger Positioning System allows the I/O to fit a wide range of faces and helmets; evenly transfers pressure across the face for a comfortable seal-- Includes two performance lenses-- Ultra-wide, silicone backed strap combines with a QuickFit adjustment buckle compatible with helmets and hats alike-- Includes Microfiber goggle bag with replacement lens sleeve to keep your goggles scratch-free and your lenses organized-- Made in the USA out in Clearfield, Utah-- Lifetime warranty

- OMCgear