Smith I/O

Visit Smith's I/O page.

Decked out with an intuitive quick-release lens-changing system, these fog-fighting snow goggles let you easily swap lenses and see your terrain with better clarity in the most demanding conditions.

Dr. Bob Smith was a dentist, but that didn't stop him from pioneering quality ski goggles in his Sun Valley kitchen. Smith's still going strong 50 years later, and the Backcountry. com Exclusive Dr. Bob I/O Goggle pays homage to the good doctor by throwing the style back to the '90s and using Smith's first-in-the-industry quick-change lens technology. It makes it a matter of seconds to swap out crystal-clear Carbonic-X TLT lenses to suit conditions so you'll never be caught out, and the I/O also features three-layer Driwix face foam and an easily adjustable silicone-backed strap so you can always fit dialed. The lenses use Vaporator anti-fog technoology, a Porex filter, and a 5x anti-fog treatment to keep condensation from cramping your style, too, so you can ride fog-free even on the soggiest, nastiest days.

The I/O's intuitive quick release lens change system is tried and true, so you can switch lenses and stay out in the most demanding conditions. The spherical lens has 5X anti-fog, Smith's highest level of anti-fog technology, and TLT Optics for crystal clear vision. The I/O was the original goggle to solve the problem of what to do when changing light and weather demanded different lenses.

When we created the I/O, we invented a category. As the original interchangeable goggle, the I/O is the standard by which all other goggles are measured. * Medium Fit * Quick Release Lens System * Spherical, Carbonic-X Lens with TLT Optics * Patented Vaporator Lens Technology with Porex Filter * 5x Anti-fog Inner Lens * Includes Two Performance Mirror Lenses * Ultra-wide, Silicone Backed Strap * Quickfit Strap Adjustment System with Clip Buckle * 3-Layer, Driwix Face Foam * Helmet Compatible * Includes Microfiber Goggle Bag with Replacement Lens Sleeve