Spyderco Para-Military

I have the foliage green handle CPM-D2 plain blade…

I have the foliage green handle CPM-D2 plain blade steel version. This is a super solid, durable, tough, simple, and light knife! What more can I say? This is definitely the knife I carry when going into the backcountry. I just whip open and lock to a very comfortable secure grip! And that blade steel is unbelievably sharp!

Sharpest knife I have ever owned. It is a superior blade steel. Definitely a 5 star from me.

Visit Spyderco's Para-Military page.

When Spyderco introduced the Military Model years ago it gathered fans like the Pied Piper. Critics claimed it too big, too expensive and more knife than the average user needed. Likewise, fans heralded the knife's big performance attributes and snapped them up, firmly positioning the Military Model as one of Spyderco's top all-time sellers. Carrying a large folder for many is simply a non-issue. For others in our sensitive PC world, smaller equates to friendlier, less shocking, and in some place just plain legal. We arrive back at the question knifemakers ask everyday, 'How do we satisfy both worlds and make a smaller knife that acts, cuts and performs like a large knife?'Welcome the Para-Military, a two-thirds sized version of the Military Model. Its flat-ground S30V blade stretches a non-eyebrow raising 3-3/32' (81mm) long and has a carbon level of 1.45% with the addition of vanadium and nitrogen for over-the-top edge retention. Coated in black, the blade is subdued and non-reflective. The Spyderco Round Hole is generously sized at 14mm for opening the knife blade with gloved (or large) hands. Its black G-10 handle shuns chemicals and temperature fluctuations and expands at the butt-end keeping the hand from slipping off the handle while making hard pulling cuts. The package is topped off with a nested Compression Lock making the ultimate mid-sized survival knife designed to level trees, carve tent stakes and never generate a second glance.

- Ramsey Outdoor

Spyderco Para-Military

The Para-Military has been discontinued.

The Spyderco Para-Military is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 16, 2011 at Ramsey Outdoor.

If you're looking for a new folding knife, check out the best reviewed current models.