I've owned the Spyderco Tenacious for more than a…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: 29.95$ Amazon
I've owned the Spyderco Tenacious for more than a year now, I have zero complaints. I own several (read more than i can remember) knives, mostly Spydercos. Prices ranging from 30 to over 200$, and the Tenaciuos is the one that stays in my pocket. ease of opening and closing and edge retention are great. You can not go wrong with this knife.
- Price, it is the lowest priced full sized knife from Spyderco.
- Edge retention, ease of sharpening.
- 4 position pocket clip placement.
- size, not too big not too small.
- smooth opening and closing.
- secure detente so it won't open in your pocket.(unless something goes wrong, which it could)
- variations of edge and colors now.
- flat grind so its easy to sharpen and slices well. blade is leaf shaped so its easier to hold onto for close work like getting out splinters (done it, it works)
- It's made in China, but that's also what keeps the price down.
EASE OF USE- pull it out of your pocket and open it up, it flips open nice once you get the hang of it. took me about 2 tries.ymmv.
FEATURES- 4position clip, good solid liner lock, solid detente to keep it closed in your pocket.
CONSTRUCTION, DURIBILITY- relatively rust resistant, I've sweated mine soaked a bunch of times, wash it off put a little oil on it and you are good to go. blade steel hard enough to hold a good edge, but soft enough to sharpen easy. mine stays razor sharp with very little trouble. ceramic stones to start and a bit of 600 to 1200 grit sand paper and that's it. it came shaving sharp so all you really have to do is maintain the edge.
CONDITIONS- i ordered this knife while i was in Afghanistan, surfing around on amazon, couldn't believe the price. figured i couldn't go wrong for the price: 29.95$
it arrived about 10 days later and hasn't left my pocket. that was last spring 2011. dust, sweat, dirt, mud never went wrong, it just kept working the way it should.
I own several knives, Spyderco, Benchmade mostly, but this (I hate to use the word cheap) but, cheap, low priced knife is the one I carry all the time.
In my opinion you can't go wrong with this knife.