Suunto Clipper

This along with the basically identical 'Silva' Wrist…

This along with the basically identical 'Silva' Wrist band 340 (sold in North America by Johnson Worldwide under the Silva label) is the best add-on wristband compass I have tried. Rotating dial, sapphire bearing, and surprisingly detailed degree markings for such a tiny compass. Great as backup to a larger protractor compass.

While I agree with the other reviewer that the 'Clipper' design beats out the Brunton and Silva of Sweden models of wristband compass, make no mistake - ALL of these small liquid-filled compasses are relatively prone to bubbles when they are exposed to high altitudes - don't put them in checked luggage on the airplane!

These Clippers are great. They are rugged and do not…

These Clippers are great. They are rugged and do not develope air bubbles or cloud up like some other brands I have used. Great little item during hunting season when in unfamiliar territory. I have tried the Brunton 9068 watchband compass and it develops bubbles after a few weeks of use. Also, the Clipper's dial movement is smoother.

Do not waste your money. I have used this compass…

Do not waste your money. I have used this compass for about a year. I purchased extras and gave them as gifts. Now I have to tell all my friends that they need to get rid of them.

Two of the ones I own have changed directions by 180 degrees. The north arrow now points to the south. If this had happened while depending on the compass for direction I could have spent many an hour walking the wrong way.

Deserted

This sounds like you have been using the compass located next to your wristwatch or other source of ferrous metal or electromagnetism (watch battery). This will frequently cause the compass to reverse polarity. Always keep all your compasses at least 2-3 feet away from any ferrous metal or battery-operated equipment.