Suunto Lumi

I bought this watch on May 8th after the $90 Roxy…

I bought this watch on May 8th after the $90 Roxy watch I wore since 2002 got broken. It seemed like a nice upgrade and with a one year warranty plus the high cost I thought I would be good for another 5 years.

NOT SO! I only got to wear the watch for about 2 weeks when the strap started falling apart. I submitted a service request via the Suunto website and followed up with a phone call. They told me to send a picture of the broken strap and my address by email and I would receive a new strap promptly. Now it is June 24 and no response.

I called them again and kept getting a loud beep in my ear after being told by a recording to hold for the next agent. I finally called their sales department and they transferred me. The agent I spoke with said their policy has since changed and I now have to ship the entire watch in by Fedex at MY cost and wait patiently for it to come back. Nice.

If you want to waste a few hundred dollars for something you won't even be able to use, this is the way to go. The replacement strap is $59.95 on Amazon.

i gave the watch as a gift to my wife to use and because…

Price Paid: 240 euro

i gave the watch as a gift to my wife to use and because it's a very female like watch where you could change the straps.

So after a month the watchstraps broke, so i bought a couple off different ones. We are 2 years further bad warranty and the straps we got new are also broken.

For a watch from this price class and where it's build for this really sucks.

Suunto Lumi is very nice and comfortable, but... I…

Price Paid: 400 usd

Suunto Lumi is very nice and comfortable, but...
I have changed watch already 3 times - they have software problems and Altimeter is giving very interesting information. For example - it can stand alone at the table, but altimeter is moving between +200 to -200.

The promise is, that watch helps you to decide (in Alti/Baro) mode, which mode to use. Most of them move all the time for themselves, so they stay all time in Altimeter mode.

One of them kept position in better way, but it got other software problem.

I think I could start to work as "Suunto testing person".

But other hand - Barometer is very handy and useful and all other functions work as needed. And it has very good digital compass.

If you've owned or used a Suunto Lumi, please share your experience.

Suunto Lumi

The Suunto Lumi is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new altimeter, check out the best reviewed current models.

Weight 82 g