TAD Force 10 Cargo Short - NYCO Ripstop

I had looked at TAD gear for a with interest, but…

I had looked at TAD gear for a with interest, but with no local retailers in the area where I live, and limited availability had never purchased any.  I met some of the TAD gear crew at a shooting competition this spring, and got to handle the products first hand.

After talking at length with Brett and Racquel, I was told that production was being increased, and that their gear is made here in the USA (unlike most). Looking at all the gear I was highly impressed with the quality of the stitching and attention to detail.  I tried on several occasions to purchase the display samples during the event.

I got my hands on a pair of Force 10 Cargo shorts a month or two back.  I have worn these shorts 2-3 times a week since then.

Pro's:  A lot of pockets to store all the stuff I carry on a daily basis - cell phone, pocket knife, flashlight, diabetic supplies, as well as keys, wallet and change.  They are very comfortable, and look great as well.

Con's: The only one I can think of is, the opening in the cargo pockets for a 30 round AR mag.  This will be a great feature for future shooting competitions, but seems as though it makes the cargo pockets not as "rigid" for everyday carry of a lot of stuff.

All in all, I am very happy with them and will be buying more in the future.  The people that I have dealt with at TAD gear are top notch, and it has been a pleasure dealing with them.

Bottom line: if you want a quality pair of shorts from a US manufacturer, buy the Force 10 Cargo shorts.

The Triple Aught Design Force 10 Cargo Shorts have…

The Triple Aught Design Force 10 Cargo Shorts have quickly become my go-to's. I own several pairs of cargo shorts, but what puts the TAD shorts in another league is the details and the sleek pocket design.

While other shorts appear bulky around the thighs the sleek lay-flat cargo pocket design of the Force 10 allows ample room for your gear while maintaining a clean look. The front pockets which i initially had reservations about soon became indispensable. I mainly keep my iPhone in those but a 30 round M16 Magazine will also fit nicely.

Thoughtful and useful enhancements also include a re-enforced pocket seam, protecting the pocket from the clip on your favorite folding knife.

After a considerable amount of research I purchased…

After a considerable amount of research I purchased two pairs of these shorts in RipStop cotton for my trip around Southern Europe, North Africa, and the Mediterranean. After 3 months the shorts had developed holes, decaying seams, and were worn out in several areas. I was just travelling, not really engaged in high impact activity.

These same shorts were returned to TAD at their request to repair the change pocket stitching.  Not worth the price in my opinion.

If you've owned or used a TAD Force 10 Cargo Short - NYCO Ripstop, please share your experience.

TAD Force 10 Cargo Short - NYCO Ripstop

The TAD Force 10 Cargo Short - NYCO Ripstop is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new hiking short, check out the best reviewed current models.