TAD Praetorian Hoodie

I recently purchased the Praetorian Hoodie from TAD…

I recently purchased the Praetorian Hoodie from TAD and I have to say that I couldn't be happier about it.

I am currently in the US Army Special Forces and my work takes me to just about every environment possible. One thing that I have struggled with is to find outerwear that can be worn in the woods or on missions as well as in the city when it's time to look like a civilian.  So far the Praetorian has accomplished just that.

A few weeks ago I had to go to a water infiltration training exercise in the Rockies. While there we practiced boating techniques and all of us were completely soaked. During the training I wore the hoodie with a waterproof shell on top. The hoodie ended up getting drenched but still kept me warm even after it started snowing! Once we got to our campsite I hung the hoodie next to the fire and it dried out in no time.

I am also getting ready to head back overseas and I plan on wearing the hoodie once it cools down again. Because it's made out of wool it is naturally fire resistant which is a plus when you are out dodging IEDs. The Praetorian has become my goto hoodie from here on out and I definitely won't leave home without it.

The Triple Aught Design Praetorian hoodie is a versatile…

The Triple Aught Design Praetorian hoodie is a versatile wool hoodie that can be used by itself on chilly evenings or as part of an effective layering combination. The merino wool is soft and comfortable and has a very clean fit.

One of the features that I really like is the "Aero Hood" which I find to be a little deeper than tradition hoods and fits perfectly over a beanie or hat. The thumbhole cuffs and reinforced elbows also contribute to the usability and aesthetics of the hoodie.

As mentioned by the previous reviewer, the Praetorian blends in very well while around town, but at the same time it can withstand the rigors of the outdoors.

If you've owned or used a TAD Praetorian Hoodie, please share your experience.

TAD Praetorian Hoodie

The TAD Praetorian Hoodie is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new fleece top, check out the best reviewed current models.