The best jacket I have ever had. This is hands down…

Price Paid: About $200

Summary

The best jacket I have ever had.

This is hands down the best garment I have ever owned. It is bomb-proof, weather-proof, and pretty much anything-proof. I have worn it in wind, rain, and all through the winter as my only jacket — up until -35° Celsius with just a merino base layer under it.

I only got the down out for standing around and twiddling my thumbs for the whole day, which was maybe twice last winter. I have found this jacket to be too warm in above freezing temperatures — I am very warm blooded though, and usually wear a lot less clothing than the people around me. The fleece is heavy and definitely weighs more than my other fluffy non-wind-proof fleeces.

The fit is great — even for women. It is a little looser around the shoulders and arms and tighter around the hem than it seems to be for my male friends. If not for the hem I might have gone a size smaller. The chest pockets are higher than usual which is great with a backpack.

TAD has moved the chest pockets lower in the women's version of this jacket, but I have found no "anatomical issues" with them. They are comfortable and functional, as are all the pockets and other features in this jacket.

It is the one piece of equipment I have never had to think about. It just works.

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Ranger Hoodie versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 6 reviews for other versions of the Ranger Hoodie. Read all reviews »

TAD Women's Ranger Hoodie

The TAD Women's Ranger Hoodie is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new fleece jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.

Gregory Citro 25 Review