Tarptent Rainbow

Weight - complete 34 ounces (965 grams)
Sleeps 1-2
Stakes (included) 6
Apex Height 43 inches (110 cm)
Floor Width 38-46 inches (96-117 cm)
Floor Length 88-96 inches (223-244 cm)

Hard to beat this tarptent. It is super light (2 lbs)…

Design: three-season single-wall tent
Ease of Setup: easy to setup, but a tight pitch requires some practice
Weight: 2 pounds

Hard to beat this tarptent. It is super light (2 lbs) and super roomy for 1 (could hold 2 in a pinch) and it pitches very tight and storm-worthy.

I have been in some big thunderstorms with high winds in the Rainbow and it held up to Mother Nature's abuse and kept me dry and comfortable - VERY little wind-driven spray or splattering. I have even taken it winter camping and it did great, with better condensation control than you would expect from a single-wall tent.

You can't go wrong with the Rainbow if you're going light but want something that feels like a real tent. I have used it in a variety of conditions and it has kept me comfortable through all of them - and it requires less focus on wind position when pitching it than the other tarptents in Henry's line.

This is up there amongst the best $200 I have spent on gear and it is great working directly with Henry. Nice to have the designer/owner standing behind his product the way he does.

Tarptent Rainbow

The Tarptent Rainbow is not available from the stores we monitor.