Terramar 1/2 Zip Geo Fleece Top

Good warmth for its weight but average looks The material…

Summary

Good warmth for its weight but average looks

Pros

• Warm for its weight
  • Cmfortable

Cons

• Uninspiring looks

The material on this top is pretty thin but warm for its weight. The fleece is textured with very small squares which likely have some bearing on its thermal capabilities, and they work. This provides warmth comparable to standard polyester fleeces of a heavier weight. The fit is pretty generous on length and seems like a fairly standard cut (not too athletic) and it's comfortable.

My only complaint is that the material has a slight sheen (at least in the tan color I ordered) that I find slightly unappealing (like velour or something). Not a big deal and certainly doesn't outweigh the good warmth-to-weight ratio.

Also, the neck on my XL is cut trim for my tastes when zipped all the way up, but I have a large neck size (17+) and this seems to be the case with about 80% of these kinds of tops for me.

All in all this is a very practical and effective warmth layer, offering nice insulation for the weight.

Terramar Men's 1/2 Zip Geo Fleece Top

The Terramar Men's 1/2 Zip Geo Fleece Top is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 4, 2013 at REI.

If you're looking for a new base layer top, check out the best reviewed current models.