Teva Aravalli

Like a whole lot of other people, I only found out…

Like a whole lot of other people, I only found out that Teva shoes and sandals fall apart when they get wet AFTER I bought a pair. The soles come off!

Be warned that at most Teva will give you a "refund" that must be spent on their website to buy another pair of their defective shoes.

Lesson learned: read customer reviews before you buy, not after. And don't buy Teva.

Very attractive: Doesn't stand out like white tennis…

Use: casual wear, urban walking, hiking day trips

Very attractive: Doesn't stand out like white tennis shoes while walking around. My boyfriend thought all the mesh looked bad, but I like the hint of orange and I think they look sporty.

Very light: The description says 1 lb 4 oz, but I was very surprised by how light they are. I plan on packing them for camp shoes when I hike.

Features: I was hesitant to get a shoe without laces, but the drawstring seems to be secure. I walked 2 miles this morning with them for the first time, and it was fine. Hopefully it wears fine, too. The toeguard feature makes me want to take these out on the trail. The soles are flexible, feel very sturdy and non-slip.

Support: There seems to be adequate arch support. What I love the most is the flexible sole. I hike in Keen boots, which are great for rocky trails but don't have a flexible sole. I feel like this shoe is able to move with your foot and it's great.

Size: I usually wear a 9.5-10 and I got this shoe in a 10. I wore it for the first time with lightweight hiking socks (because I was walking in the cold and didn't want my feet to be cold because of the mesh upper ... they weren't) and they fit fine.

Cons: I got a blister on the back of one heel the first time I wore them, but I haven't been able to figure out if it was because of the shoe or my sock. Also, they are obviously not waterproof, or ideal for walking in very cold weather.

Value: Awesome. This is my first pair of Tevas, and I'd buy them at twice the price.

Update: April 20, 2009

I hiked in the Aravalli for the first time up Old Rag in Shenandoah and liked them more than my Keen hiking boots. They do not have the ankle support of the boots, but they were MUCH easier on my feet. I was only carrying about 10-12 lbs, but I plan on hiking in them again. The toe guard is nice and the drawstring stays where I put it. Wearing lightweight Smartwool socks is no problem, either.

I have worn out my first pair and was dismayed to discover that the Aravalli is no longer in production. Campmor just got a shipment and I bought two more pair!

Heavy, stiff hiking boots are a drag when you're traveling fast and light on the trail, especially under a hot summer sun. Breathable mesh uppers and shock-absorbing EVA midsoles on the Teva Men's Aravalli Shoes combat foot sweat and fatigue. Teva made the Aravalli Shoes with polyurethane EVA units in the heel cups which transfer impact throughout the footbed and provide greater spring for your forefoot push-offs. What this means for you is comfortable landings and more energy return for takeoffs. Synthetic and open mesh uppers help your feet stay cool all day, and pull-cord laces make for quick adjustments.

- Backcountry Outlet refers to the men's version

The Aravalli is ready for the journey to and from your latest adventures promising comfort, stability and durability along the way. Discontinued model, limited to stock on hand The Aravalli features: Material: Combination synthetic/ventilator open mesh upper for enhanced breathability Midsole: Compression molded EVA midsole Outsole: Non-marking, Spider Rubber® outsole Encapsulated Shoc Pad™ WEVA Stroebel construction for maximum shock absorbtion Durable pull cord with lace lock for quick adjustment and easy entry/exit

- OMCgear refers to the men's version

Teva Aravalli

The Aravalli has been discontinued.

The Teva Aravalli is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 7, 2010 at OMCgear.