Teva Ossagon

I bought two pairs of 6980 shoes on sale in California…

Use: short dayhikes, no or light pack
Break-in Period: None needed
Weight: Me: 90kg
Price Paid: -

I bought two pairs of 6980 shoes on sale in California this spring. Seemingly very nice shoes, and after "testing" in Arizona and Nevada my trusted (but worn out) Salomons were retired. Big mistake...

After being idle in Denmark for a while, I brought one pair of Tevas to Australia. They failed miserably, losing both front soles after a few days in the desert (btw: no extreme temperatures, always less than 40C) Having no backups and nowhere to shop I had no option but keep using them. I can tell you they are both uncomfortable and dangerous with no soles....

In short: Everything about those shoes spells quality - except the glue used on the soles! Nice materials, finish and excellent comfort. But a shoe should not fall apart after only ~5 weeks of use. For a trail shoe this is unforgiveable.

I'll rate them just over "useless" - and hope that I've got a single errored pair... A sufficiently glued one would get close to top rating!

If you've owned or used a Teva Ossagon, please share your experience.

Teva Ossagon

The Ossagon has been discontinued.

The Teva Ossagon is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 10, 2010 at Sierra Trading Post.