Teva TevaSphere Trail eVent

Weird. These shoes intrigued me and when I was offered…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize

Summary

Weird.

Pros

• eVent waterproof
  • Grip

Cons

• Weird outsole
  • Uncomfortable

These shoes intrigued me and when I was offered the chance to get some at a retail show for dirt cheap I jumped at the opportunity. However I could tell right away, they are awful shoes! Worst impulse buy I have ever made.

To start, they do look nice on the outside and are waterproof with the eVent liner, but not much else is goin on. They do not have a good insole, and it always popped out whenever I took the shoe off. Not much comfort on the inside due to bad insole, so you feel a lot as you walk around.

The weird bubble things on the side make it (for me at least) uncomfortable when you are on the trail, because you are constantly feeling like you are tromping and if you hit them on a rock (since they are stiff) they can roll your ankle funny. This was a terrible feature to put on a trail running shoe! The grip is good, so that might be a plus?

Overall though, I would not recommend this shoe to anyone who is serious about using it outside. For around town? Maybe, but grab yourself a new insole.