Teva Tirra

Great women's sport sandal! Very stylish and comfortable…

Price Paid: $100 CAN

Summary

Great women's sport sandal! Very stylish and comfortable for a variety of outdoor activities! I wore them hiking and in the canoe.

Pros

• Thick, tough soles
  • Adjustable, velcro straps to make a custom fit
  • Stylish, yet comfortable

Cons

• A bit expensive.
  • If your feet get really wet (while wearing the sandals), your feet can slide a bit INSIDE the sandals (your feet sit on a fairly smooth surface). Not from sweat, from walking in a river and then back on the trail.

I am a first-time buyer of the TEVA brand, and I am happy with my purchase. The size is true to what I always buy (a woman's 8).  The sandals fit my feet, as if they were made for me.  The built-in arch support is comfortable.  The easily adjustable, velcro straps (2 across the top of the foot, and one around the ankle) make a nice custom fit for many different foot types/sizes.  After long walks, if your feet swell, you can loosen the sandals.

Not much break-in is needed.  I wore them hiking with little break-in, and it was fine.  I didn't have any problems with debris, but small particles could enter around your foot, as with any sandal.

The thick, tough soles made my feet feel very supported.  I feel like I can walk on any surface without the fear of feeling rocks beneath my feet (my feet are protected from the environment).  The traction of these sandals was pretty good.  I hiked downhill during some points in the path without fear of slipping.

The sole of these sandals (inside and out) are waterproof and it dries quickly after being wet. Even though the straps are cloth, they didn't feel uncomfortable when wet (they dried in the sun fairly quickly). I haven't had any trouble with smell, as well.

I have used these sandals over the course of one summer (so far) and I feel that they are going to last for many summers to come. They are well-made and don't show any signs of wearing out yet.

I have used these sandals to hike up mountain paths (uneven, rocky surfaces), walking around town and shopping, and even in the canoe.

I felt good about my purchase of these sandals, because the box said that for every pair of sandals purchased, TEVA would help protect global waterways.

Saraant

Yes Jennifer! I could have wrote this same review as I have had the exact experience with these sandals! They are so comfortable and sturdy, every time I wear them I comment on how comfortable they are! No odor issues with mine either even though EVERYBODY says Tevas smell after a couple of uses! Oh yeah, and I got mine at REI on sale for $30 :D I'd recommend even for $100 though!

Visit Teva's Women's Tirra page.

Tirra sandals were designed to provide unmatched comfort and performance in and out of the water. Beach, trail or tide pool, the Tirra can tackle any obstacle with ladylike grace--just like you.

- REI refers to the women's version

Teva designed the Tirra Sandal for the well-traveled female who is looking for style and function in wet and dry climates.

- Backcountry.com refers to the women's version

This item was consolidated to us from one of our retail stores. While it may be slightly shopworn or without it's original packaging, it's otherwise in perfect condition and is still covered by our guarantee.Unmistakably feminine, the Tirra provides unmatched comfort and performance in the water. An adjustable strap configuration provides a secure fit so you can tackle any obstacle with grace.

- EMS refers to the women's version

Teva Women's Tirra Sandals - The Women's Tirra Sandals by Teva are designed specifically for a woman's foot in order to provide unmatched comfort and performance in the water. With its unmistakably feminine strap configuration and multiple adjustment options for a secure fit, the Tirra can tackle any obstacle with ladylike grace, just like you. The Spider Original rubber outsole offers an uncompromising grip in wet environments, while the water-channeling lug pattern helps to maintain solid footing. It has a women's specific shape and fit, and the Shoc Pad technology in the heel gives you a smooth ride without inhibiting your performance. A neoprene foam package and stretch mesh lining give you a quick drying time. Multiple points of adjustment on the straps allow for the perfect fit and Microban zinc based anti-microbial protection help keep away unwanted odor. If you are well traveled and count on function and style, you have found it with the Women's Tirra Sandals by Teva.

- Outdoorplay refers to the women's version