Teva Toachi

Well, I have to qualify this. I bought the version…

Price Paid: $60 or so

Well, I have to qualify this. I bought the version with a closed toebox which they don't make any more, because I got tired of banging my toes up all those years in my Tevas.

Without a doubt, the Toachis are the most comfortable sandal I've ever owned, bar none. I can wear them endlessly without getting tired or sore feet. Feels like I was born with them on. I like the way they look, too. I like them so much, I bought 2 pairs when they went on sale end of season.

Now, having raved about them, I have to report that I just got back from a long walk looking for the sole that fell off. I don't know if the glue is the problem, or the design (2 piece heel and forefoot), but the soles fall off.

I have tried regluing them with contact cement, then Barge cement. Same result. I am about to use Shoe Goo and, if that fails, I will try neoprene cement.

I don't mind fixing them now and then really, but I have had TEVAS since they began, many pairs. These are my favorite but they are also the only ones that ever fell apart before they were worn out. What is wrong????

Bought these sandals and wore them the first time,…

Bought these sandals and wore them the first time, but took them off as they squeaked like crazy. You'd have thought "Squidward' was coming down the hall, they were so noisy!

My son wore them on vacation to Maui and the fore and aft soles delaminated on both sandals.

I contacted Teva with my dilemma and as awesome as they are, they sent me my choice of replacement sandals (Terra Fi3's). They were here in 2 days and I couldn't be happier.

A very comfortable shoe, but completely fell apart…

Price Paid: 140 SGD

A very comfortable shoe, but completely fell apart after less than 30 days use. Rubbish shoes with terrible build quality - do not buy!

rated 1.50 of 5 stars All Toachi versions

In addition to the 3 men's reviews above, there are 2 reviews for other versions of the Toachi. Read all reviews »

Open-toe Teva Toachi sandals are ready for adventure and packed full of performance features for time in and out of the river, on and off the trail. In classic Teva design, nylon mesh and polyurethane-coated synthetic uppers let water flow freely and dry quickly for comfort in varied elements. Universal strapping system with quick-release buckles offers a secure and easy fit; padded heel straps give added comfort. Moisture-wicking polyester linings are soft against bare skin and dry quickly. Microban® zinc-based antimicrobial treatment helps control odors. Soft, compression-molded EVA topsoles and midsoles absorb shock and transfer it for enhanced push-off energy. Thermoplastic urethane Drain Frame platform offers stability and support while sending water through the outsoles. Nonmarking Spider Rubber® outsoles with drainage ports and aggressive lug design bite into mixed terrain and shed debris that can slow you down.

CLOSEOUTS . Teva Toachi sport sandal features Drain Frame technology allowing water to drain through the midsole. Teva's Spider Rubber(R) outsole is a non-marking rubber that blends high friction and durability that performs exceptionally well on wet and dry terrain. Toe bumper protects toes Neoprene lining Three-point adjustable hook-and-loop straps Instep strap has quick-release buckle Synthetic leather straps Weight: 1lb. 8 oz. Medium width CLOSEOUTS . China. Visit our Shoe Sizing Guide

- Sierra Trading Post

If your sandals go squishitty-squash for miles after a river crossing, perhaps it's time to look at the Teva Men's Toachi Sandals. Water actually drains through a series of ports in the midsoles and mesh screens on these water sandals so you don't have to put up with water-logged soles. The ports also allow air to flow through for more foot ventilation when you're on land. Neoprene lining softens the straps, while toe bumpers on the Toachi Sandals let you slowly inch your way across fast-moving rivers without stubbing your toes on unseen rocks. Spider Rubber on the outsoles of these Teva sport sandals grip wet and dry terrain.

- Backcountry Outlet

Rugged all terrain sandal. Use both in and out of the water. A new addition to the Teva Pro Series, the Toachi is a perfect fit on and off the trail. Patent-pending Drain Frame technology allows water to drain through the midsole while Teva’s patented Universal Strapping system ensures a stable, secure ride. Guaranteed to provide dependable performance in any kind of outdoor environment. Features Drain Frame technology allows water to drain through Patent-pending Universal Strapping System Neoprene lining for added comfort Integrated toe protection Materials Outsole: Non-marking Spider Rubber®

- OMCgear

Great for technical water activities like kayaking, river rafting, and canoeing, the amphibious Toachi sandals from Teva are a perfect fit on and off the trail. Drain Frame ports with mesh screens allow water to drain through the midsole while preventing debris from entering. Ports also work in reverse by allowing air to flow through for additional ventilation. Neoprene lining for added comfort. Universal Strapping System secures the foot through four points of connectivity for a stable, secure ride. TPU Drain Frame Platform wraps around the midsole creating upper anchor points that allow your foot to securely lock onto the bottom unit. Integrated toe protection for protection from rocks, tree roots, and camp gear. Microban zinc-based antimicrobial protection provides odor control. Nonmarking, durable Spider Rubber outsole performs exceptionally well on wet and dry terrain.

- EMS

Teva Men's Toachi

The Men's Toachi has been discontinued.

The Teva Men's Toachi is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 22, 2010 at REI.

If you're looking for a new sport sandal, check out the best reviewed current models.