Texsport 2 Person Stainless Steel Cook Set

Not sure if this is exactly like the one I purchased…

Not sure if this is exactly like the one I purchased (Texsport 13156), but here is:

You can take everything and have it in one small kit that everything fits and locks into.  A great set. I was a little skeptical based on the cheaper price but once I received them I was pleasantly surprised. They are light weight, just a little heavier then aluminum but a heck of a lot more durable.

I might end up replacing the cups with titanium ones though. It would be nice to be able to boil right in the cup for tea or coffee (and not worry about melting or breaking). Also, I heard some customers were complaining at Cabela's about a "Contains Lead" sticker on the bottom. I did some research and here is what I found.

"There is no lead contained in your mess kit. After the Matel Toys incident a few years ago, the EPA along with the State of California passed a law known as California Proposition 65 which states that the government has assume the right to stick these warning labels on any imported item that they choose no matter how bogus the claim may be. By very definition, stainless steel must go through a purification process to remove all unwanted elements. The warning label is an oxymoron at best. Your mess kit is completely safe. Please feel free to research California Prop 65 and Texsport and you will find that we have a clean bill of health."  -- Texsport

First, I should say that I bought this under the name…

First, I should say that I bought this under the name of Ledmark. It came in a box that said Outback. I have noticed that many suppliers have this basic set.

This is a thin SS set. The copper wore off after 3-5 trips. The cups have marks for measurements. The handles seem flimsy, but with some care and commonsense should hold up for years.

As of now I see no reason to upgrade to another set. as this one does cook well. and I take care of my camping gear. It is a very good inexpensive set, light weight, and nest together well. I like the folding handles. If your cash is tight this is the set to get.

If you've owned or used a Texsport 2 Person Stainless Steel Cook Set, please share your experience.

Texsport 2 Person Stainless Steel Cook Set

The Texsport 2 Person Stainless Steel Cook Set is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 9, 2013 at Campmor.

If you're looking for a new pot/pan, check out the best reviewed current models.