The Backside Back-It X-Fibre 15

I bought this bag hoping to use it in the 20-40F range…

Design: Mummy
Fill: X Fiber Polyester
Temperature Rating: +15 Farenheight
Weight: 3.2lbs

I bought this bag hoping to use it in the 20-40F range but found the rating wasn't really on par. The bag says it's rated to +15F but I would probably limit it to +30F.

I used it this weekend where it dropped to +29F and I was just fine at first until I woke up in the middle of the night cold... I found that strange seeing that I was wearing two layers of dry clothes and a stocking cap. This was the first time I had been cold like this using a bag within 15 degrees of its limit. I think this bag would work well in the 30-50 degree range.

Fortunately that was the only con to the bag and that's why I gave it 4 stars. The Backit was very well constructed, packed very small and was light weight for its advertised temp rating. It came with a nice compression sack and is made out of good, solid materials and for the price you really can't beat it.

I just wouldn't recommend it for any cold night use and would limit it to fall and spring camping. I guess sometimes you get what you pay for.... but overall, The Backside makes a good product

The Backside Back-It X-Fibre 15

The Backside Back-It X-Fibre 15 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Open Trees.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.