The Backside Black X X-Fibre 0

I lived just off the AT for four years and used this…

Design: mummy
Fill: proprietary. best synthetic down i've ever seen
Temperature Rating: 0
Weight: read descript, can't remember

I lived just off the AT for four years and used this bag and the 35 degree version every year for the past three years. For the life of me I can't understand why they aren't extremely popular. It feels as close to down as you are going to get with a synthetic, and I survived a HORRIBLE night with -15 windchill with nothing but a groundpad, tarp and this sleeping bag. Did it suck? Yeah, did I wake up with my bag COATED in ice? Yeah. Did I get sick? No.

These bags were such a great deal that I own two different temp ratings of the same company. The baffle is good, doesn't hang up if you pay attention. The hood is fantastic. If you can find a better bag for 50$ more, I haven't seen it. And I LIVED in a trail town.
And DESPITE the fact that it is oversized, it is still very weight competitive. Beats the big man's bag from North Face on weight.

Drawbacks: chest baffle chord should be lower. Gotta get the hang of it. And if you are not tall, or you don't desire a LOT of room, this bag is not for you (or at least the model I have, in 2002 when I bought it, they only sold the big size). I sleep warm anyway, and cold spots are not an issue for me, but if you aren't over 6 feet, forget it. If you are, and you buy something else, you are a fool.

The Backside Black X X-Fibre 0

The Backside Black X X-Fibre 0 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Open Trees.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review

MSR Evo Ascent Review

Gregory Baltoro 65 Review

The A.T. Guide (2016 Northbound) Review

Weegie Weekenders

Trailspace in the morning...and a new hat idea?