The Backside Black X X-Fibre 0

I lived just off the AT for four years and used this…

Design: mummy
Fill: proprietary. best synthetic down i've ever seen
Temperature Rating: 0
Weight: read descript, can't remember

I lived just off the AT for four years and used this bag and the 35 degree version every year for the past three years. For the life of me I can't understand why they aren't extremely popular. It feels as close to down as you are going to get with a synthetic, and I survived a HORRIBLE night with -15 windchill with nothing but a groundpad, tarp and this sleeping bag. Did it suck? Yeah, did I wake up with my bag COATED in ice? Yeah. Did I get sick? No.

These bags were such a great deal that I own two different temp ratings of the same company. The baffle is good, doesn't hang up if you pay attention. The hood is fantastic. If you can find a better bag for 50$ more, I haven't seen it. And I LIVED in a trail town.
And DESPITE the fact that it is oversized, it is still very weight competitive. Beats the big man's bag from North Face on weight.

Drawbacks: chest baffle chord should be lower. Gotta get the hang of it. And if you are not tall, or you don't desire a LOT of room, this bag is not for you (or at least the model I have, in 2002 when I bought it, they only sold the big size). I sleep warm anyway, and cold spots are not an issue for me, but if you aren't over 6 feet, forget it. If you are, and you buy something else, you are a fool.

The Backside Black X X-Fibre 0

The Backside Black X X-Fibre 0 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Open Trees.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.