The North Face 2-Meter Dome

This four-season, eight-person geodesic-shaped dome tent is The North Face’s ultimate base-camp quarters. In the words of TNF pro rock climber Cedar Right, the 2-Meter Dome “was my living room, bedroom, kitchen, and art studio for two months… It was so cozy I almost didn’t want to leave.” With a built-in chimney vent, a canopy made of thick 210 denier nylon, a 1500mm polyurethane-coated fly, a beefy 420 denier nylon floor with a 10,000mm polyurethane coating, and durable zippered doors, this base-camp tent will provide reliable support whether your expedition’s base camp is set up at 16,000 feet in the Himalayas or in the inhospitable frigid Antarctica tundra. Twelve heat-treated, 11mm Easton 7075-E9 aluminum poles provide strong support in extreme conditions and slide through sleeves at crisscross intersections for steep walls and maximum living space.

Features:

• Hemisphere shape based on original geodesic dome principle developed by Buckminster Fuller
    Pole configuration creates steep walls and maximum headspace
  • Fully-taped seams for complete weatherproof protection
  • Two exterior windows and a chimney vent
  • Interior canopy loops

Floor Length 155 in / 394 cm
Floor Width 155 in / 394 cm
Floor Area 125 sq ft / 38.1 sq m
Vestibules 0

I am selling this tent. I am always alone, my VE-24…

Price Paid: $5,000.00 USD

I am selling this tent. I am always alone, my VE-24 is adequate. A gent asked me to post a review at TRAILSPACE. Here it is.

A boat dropped me off deep in the River of No Return Wilderness. Salmon River. The boat operator said "got any whiskey?" I said "no." He said " I'll be back to pick you up in 2 weeks." He left.

I had set this tent up once before. In less than a half hour, the tent was up. My base camp setup was, for the most part, complete.

I was alone, always alone. I didn't see another human for 2 weeks. I was the KING OF IDAHO for 2 weeks. Elk and bear hunt.

I ate like a hog. Still, I lost thirty pounds. I am a very small person. Thirty pounds is a lot for me. I felt great. I felt powerful. Invincible. JEREMIAH JOHNSON. THE LAST MOUNTAIN MAN. Chingachgook.

I don't have a big IQ. The 2 METER NORTH FACE 8MAN 4 SEASON TENT almost went up by itself. This is called "excellent engineering." Tolerates a reasonable snow load.

This tent is a palace. Big as a house. Specs say 47 pounds, but i think it's far lighter.

Hole in the floor for your stove. Chimney stack in the roof for the fumes. 1 door. 2 windows.

I love this tent. Easy to set up. Easy to live with. I just travel alone. When the weather goes to hell, and you're stuck inside for 72 hours, you'll understand why you spent the money.

MY NAME IS JOHNNY WISHBONE, AND I APPROVED THIS MESSAGE.

Update: December 3, 2011

I think that this is a "North Face" or "North Star", not the current "2 Meter".

I stand corrected.

I will try to figure out how to post some pictures.

A tent that you'd only need for extended basecamp…

Design: perfect geodesic dome
Sleeps: 6+
Ease of Setup: rather difficult
Weight: 50 pounds
Price Paid: free

A tent that you'd only need for extended basecamp life. The fabric of both the tent body and fly are a lot more heavy-duty than what you find in regular tents--the floor was like backpack-grade cordura if I remember correctly.

The poles are also quite thick, much more than a standard tentpole. Pitching the tent is impossible with one person and very difficult with only two, and the pole order and sequence is not intuitive--better have it dialed or the instruction manual handy.

You can stand fully upright inside; it's basically a full-sized room, and the doors are just that--doors which you just walk right into. Great tent, but sadly lost it in a divorce battle. Such is life...

Visit The North Face's 2-Meter Dome page.

Built on decades of research, rigorous lab and field testing, and loads feedback from TNF athletes, The North Face 2-Meter Dome Tent stands alone as the quintessential mountaineering palace for surviving the world's most extreme environments. Part of The North Face's highly coveted Summit Series, this modern expedition tent features a classic hemispheric shape that descends directly from Buckminster Fuller's original 1975 prototype. Modern materials, serious advances in storm-proofing, and powerful ventilation systems make the 2-Meter Dome the ideal base-camp shelter for surviving an Antarctic deep freeze, braving an arctic winter, or hunkering down during a relentless, weeklong Himalayan storm.

Free Shipping. The North Face 2-Meter Dome - 8 Person Tent FEATURES of The North Face 2-Meter Dome - 8 Person Tent Hemispherical shape demonstrates the original geodesic dome principle developed by Buckminster Fuller Easton 7075-T9 aluminum poles Pole configuration creates steep walls and maximum user space Two exterior windows and a chimney vent Interior canopy hang loops Dual doors SPECIFICATIONS of The North Face 2-Meter Dome - 8 Person Tent Capacity: 8 person Weight: 51 lbs / 23.13 kg Trail Weight: 47 lbs / 21.31 kg Floor Area: 125 square feet / 11.6 square meter Fly: heavy-duty nylon oxford, 1500 mm PU coating Canopy: heavyduty nylon oxford, 1500 mm PU coating Floor: heavy-duty nylon taffeta, 10000 mm PU coating This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

The The North Face 2-Meter Dome Tent is expedition base camp tent scene in extreme environments from Mount Everest to Antarctica. Sleeps up to eight people, or gives you the space to sleep, cook and live for long periods of time. Extremely durable for standing up to the harshest conditions for extended periods of time. The hemisphere dome shape takes advantage of the incredible strength of a geodesic dome as created by Buckminster Fuller. Strong Easton poles in the geodesic dome configuration not only make this tent strong but maximize user space with steep walls. Two exterior windows let light in and let you see out. A chimney vent keeps condensation in check. Interior canopy loops let you rig up storage to keep base camp organized. Two doors make it easy to get in and out. Part of The North Face Summit Series of elite gear tested by the world's best athletes. "If you are planning on spending long periods of time in the mountains, this is the dream base camp tent. This 2-Meter Dome was my living room, bedroom, kitchen and art studio for two months in the Himalayas. It was so cozy I almost didn't want to leave," said Cedar Wright, a climber sponsored by The North Face. Tough, time tested, spacious and livable, there is no better tent for base camp in extreme conditions. Capacity: 8. Canopy material: 210 D nylon oxford with 1500 mm PU. Fly: 210 D nylon Oxford with 1500 mm PU. Floor: 420 D nylon taffeta with 10,000 mm PU. Floor area: 125 square feet (11.6 square meters). Trail weight: 47 lbs (21.31 kg). Packed size: 32x23 in (81x58 cm)

- Tahoe Mountain Sports

If you are planning on spending long periods of time in the mountains, this is the dream base camp tent. This 2-Meter Dome was my living room, bed room, kitchen, and art studio for two months in the Himalayas. It was so cozy I almost didn't want to leave. - Cedar Wright, The North Face Athlete, Rock Climber. The ultimate eight-person expedition base camp tent, the 2-Meter Dome is extremely durable and efficient in merciless environs such as the Himalayas and Antarctica. Setting the standard for unrivaled performance in major expeditions, this is the tent top mountaineers trust in critical conditions.

- The North Face