The North Face Gold Kazoo

Stuffsack Size 6 in x 17 in / 14.5 cm x 43 cm 6 in x 17 in / 14.5 cm x 43 cm
Temp Rating 30° F 30° F
Total Weight 2 lb 1 oz / 994 g 2 lbs 3 oz / 1004 g
Price $109.00 USD $209.00 USD

Overall this bag has the most bang for your buck in…

Summary

Overall this bag has the most bang for your buck in this price range that you can get. It is very warm, I have slept in 30 degree weather with 20 MPH winds, and have stayed toasty and felt no wind.

Pros

• Lofty
  • Very compressible (size of a cantaloupe)
  • Soft and comfortable

Cons

• Loses down at first
  • Not for the claustrophobic

It is an ergonomically designed mummy bag, so there isn't much space to move around, which took some getting used to at first. The inner fabric is so soft and smooth, it is incredibly comfortable and I feel that i could sustain much colder temperatures in this bag and still be comfortable.

Super impressed with the sleeping bag. Keeps me warm…

Summary

Super impressed with the sleeping bag. Keeps me warm at night on those chili 20° nights. Super lightweight, very impressed. This sleeping bag has a few cool features: a little pocket next to your head and it has plenty of room in the toes.

I am 6 foot 2 and this bag fits me very well. I do not feel uncomfortable inside it. I feel nice and toasty. It does take a little while to warm up, but once you get it warm it will keep you toasty all night long. Sometimes I have to unzip and let some air in, but I'd rather be warm than cold. This thing is superlight, only 2 pounds, which is nice for keeping the weight down on my pack.

Pros

• Superlight
  • Very durable material
  • Keeps me toasty at night

Cons

• Needs a zipper at the feet to let air in

I was super impressed with this sleeping bag. The Gold Kazoo is a great piece to my collection. It's superlight and keeps me toasty at night. I am 6 foot 2 and this bag keeps me plenty warm.

I like the cool glow-in-the-dark zipper and the little pocket to store things. It compresses down into a small ball which is nice to fit in my pack. This sleeping bag is only 2 pounds.

It's very toasty at night. It does take a while to heat up, but once it's warm sometimes I have to unzip a little bit, but I would rather be warm than cold. I also use a Thermarest to keep me off the ground, for this also helps on cold 20° nights on the Appalachian Trail.

All in all, this is a great bag for someone trying to go light. The price is also reasonable. Good luck out there and I hope this review helps.

This is a good, all-around, bag for three-season use.

Price Paid: I think it was a bit below $200

Summary

This is a good, all-around, bag for three-season use.

Pros

• Very light
  • Very compressible

Cons

• Tight for "big" people

I bought this bag instead of the Blue Kazoo as I already had a 20 degree bag. When I got it and saw how light it was, I was skeptical that it would keep me warm. Recently I was able to get into cold weather to test the bag out (17 degrees outside, 24 degrees inside).  The bag was more than adequately warm down to 30 degrees, and only below 25 degrees did I feel like I would need to add some sleeping clothes.  This is pretty good as most manufacturers seem to exaggerate their minimum temperatures!

As an added feature, the inside of the bag is very comfortable — almost cozy.  As I sleep on my side, I was impressed with how easy it was to change sides — the inside was slippery enough to let me turn over yet keep the bottom of the bag on the pad.  While many demean the small inside pocket as useless, I found it helpful in keeping my watch and flashlight ready without having to open the bag.

On the downside, it can be a little claustrophobic for the larger sleeper (like me), but it still had enough room for me, my next day's pants and shirt, and a water bottle.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone that wants a light bag, but still wants to make sure they have enough overkill for those unexpected cold snaps at early or late season.

Visit The North Face's Gold Kazoo page.

The North Face Gold Kazoo 30F Down Sleeping BagThe North Face Gold Kazoo 30F Down Sleeping Bag is a great bag to take on your camping trips to the great outdoors. Filled with 650+ fill Hungarian grey goose down, this bag is comfortable and great for your cold nights spent outside. It has internal draft tube pockets that you can use to keep your important belongings within arm's reach. The buttery fabrics are soft on the skin and keep you warm while you get a good night's rest. It is travel friendly and portable, and comes with a lightweight compression stuffsack to transport and store your bag in. The North Face Gold Kazoo 30F Down Sleeping Bag is an ideal choice for all those nights spent beneath the starry skies.

- SunnySports

Weighing in around 2lbs, this 30 F mummy bag delivers lightweight thermal protection with water-resistant 650 ProDown insulation. Ideal for exploring in wet, warmer climates, this compressible core down bag is filled with a natural down insulation with a water-resistant finish that absorbs less water and dries faster than traditional down. Anti-compression pads are placed in the high-pressure areas where your body makes contact with the ground to create an insulating buffer.

- The North Face

Weighing in around 2 lbs. and filled with water-resistant 650-fill down, The North Face Gold Kazoo Sleeping Bag will keep you warm down to 30F, making it ideal for warm-weather backpacking.

Description of The North Face Gold Kazoo Sleeping BagDetails coming soon.Features

- US Outdoor Store