The North Face Junction 4

Weight 12 oz / 350 g
Capacity 250 cu in / 4 L
Fabric 630D Ballistics Nylon, 420D Nylon

I bought this pack to make water available on longer…

I bought this pack to make water available on longer runs.  I had been using a CamelBak HydroPak, which is also a great pack, but had wanted a little more stability — less pack movement when I'm running.  This pack fits the bill perfectly. It has a chest/sternum strap that doubles as an anchor for the hydration tube and a waist belt that's secure without being bothersome.

I like that all the expansion straps are anchored with either clips (on the shoulder straps) or collars (on the waist belt).  If I could, I'd add a little more reflective flair on the pack, but there is some as is.  The North Face (and many other pack makers, for that matter) seem to think we're all going to be taking ice axes with us wherever we go, and there's a gear strap for that.  Whatever.

The interior of the pack has room for my phone and a few other items.  If you're going to be jamming a jacket in there, it'll need to be pretty lightweight.

The hydration system is something I haven't seen before, and I like it - rather than a screw-on cap, it has a fold-over top opening that is secured with a slider.  Sort of like I've seen in several waterproof gear bags.  The hydration tube secures to the sternum strap with a magnet, just like on my North Face Chameleon pack (a bigger hydration pack I use for cycling).

I would definitely recommend this pack.  I also considered the CamelBak Octane LR, but chose this pack on the basis of price.

Visit The North Face's Junction 4 page.

Description of The North Face Junction 4 Hydration PackSleek and straightforward, this slim 50-liter hydration pack is ideal for trail runners or day hikers. Streamlined internal capacity keeps load down for minimal weight-load for swift-moving athletes.Features Mesh-infused E-VAP foam back panel is comfy and breathable50 oz 1.5-L Source Widepak antimicrobial reservoir with magnetic valve clipLarge exterior stash pocket has room for a jacket and snacksReinforced tool lash pointBurly face fabrics, lightweight side panelsRemovable, anatomically tracking hipbelt

- US Outdoor Store

When you're on the trail - either on foot or two wheels - establish a connection between hydration, convenience and comfort with The North Face's Junction 4 hydration pack. A safe and easy to maintain 50-ounce water reservoir highlights the performance of this day pack that also employs a breathable mesh-infused foam back panel for comforting support, and an exterior stash pocket large enough for a jacket.

- Mountain Gear

The North Face Junction 4L - Sleek and straightforward, this slim 70-liter hydration pack is ideal for trail runners or day hikers. Streamlined internal capacity keeps load down for minimal weight-load for swift-moving athletes.

- Massey's Outfitters

On Sale. Free Shipping. The North Face Junction 4 Hydration Pack DECENT FEATURES of The North Face Junction 4 Hydration Pack Mesh-infused E-VAP foam back panel is comfy and breathable 50-oz (1.5-liter) Source Widepak antimicrobial reservoir with magnetic valve clip Large exterior stash pocket has room for a jacket and snacks Reinforced tool lash point Burly face fabrics, lightweight side panels Removable, anatomically tracking hipbelt The SPECS Average Weight: 12 oz / 350 g Volume: 250 cubic inches / 4 liter Dimensions: 16in. x 9.5in. x 2.75in. / 41 x 24 x 7 cm Suspension: E-VAP Access: Panel H2O Compatible: Included Fabric: 630D ballistics nylon, 420D nylon This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

The North Face Junction 4

The North Face Junction 4 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new hydration pack, check out the best reviewed current models.