Therm-a-Rest BaseCamp

Very comfortable pad and you can adjust the firmness.

Summary

Very comfortable pad and you can adjust the firmness. Durable. For a camping pad, one of the best I have ever used.

Pros

• Self-inflating but adjustable
  • XLg was very good size for me

Cons

• Not great traction on bottom, so you can slide a bit if on a tilted surface

Very good product. The comfort was great. I used it camping sleeping on the ground. Could not feel the ground and the mattress was firm enough that even laying on my side, I was not touching the ground.

The only drawback was you need to be sure you are on surface that is flat or nearly flat. There isn't any traction on the bottom (a common problem with the camping mattresses I have looked at) and therefore if you are on any type of a hill, the mattress may slide down a little at night.

The bottom of my tent is like a tarp, with no real traction either, so I found on a slope, I slid a little towards the bottom of my tent during the night. But other than that, it is a great camping pad.

The classics are classic for a reason. Durable, insulating,…

Summary

The classics are classic for a reason. Durable, insulating, and comfortable. Reasonably priced.

Pros

• Durability
  • Comfort
  • Price

Cons

• Weight

This is a reasonably weighted pad that has withstood the test of time and teenagers. I had one when I was a teenager, and now I've moved on. It worked OK for backpacking and car camping, but wasn't exceptionally light or exceptionally comfortable.

Now Thermarest has both options (Neo Air and Dreamtime, respectively) and I will let my children and less-reliable friends use these. The biggest advantage is that these will last a long time and not develop leaks. They can take a fair amount of abuse, and self-inflate. I have had mine for more than ten years.

Very comfortable, insulates like crazy. A little heavy…

Very comfortable, insulates like crazy. A little heavy for some back-packers, but the weight is justified when cold-winter camping in remote locations (pictured below). It insulates very well. Rolls up easily and I have a waterproof carry bag so that I can strap it on the back of my pack. Mine inflate easily and deflate without fuss. Therm-a-Rest has it right.
camera-221.jpg

Visit Therm-a-Rest's BaseCamp page.

Therm-A-Rest BaseCamp Air Mattress - 2013Enjoy long night s sleep with the Therm-A-Rest BaseCamp Air Mattress 2013. This mattress is crafted from high-quality materials to ensure that you ll get the warmth that you need during cold weather. It is now made softer, lighter, and more compact for you to enjoy a luxurious comfort every time you lie down on this mattress. It is easy to carry so it is really a great and dependable travel companion. This mattress is perfect for camping, allowing you to feel cozy as you sleep inside your tent in the cold woods. Every penny is worth it because it is made durable to last for a long period of time. With the Therm-A-Rest BaseCamp Air Mattress - 2013, even the ice-cold weather won t disturb you from your deep slumber. Purchase it right away and start a great adventure!

- SunnySports

Therm-a-Rest updated their BaseCamp mattress with lighter, softer fabrics on the top and bottom to improve its comfort and feel while reducing weight. Its another enhancement to the straightforward, workhorse design thats been providing dependable comfort under the stars for over 40 years. Crafted on a foundation of time-tested materials and components, the BaseCamp mattress is lightweight, compressible and now softer than ever, making it an even better travel companion. Includes stuff sack.

- Ramsey Outdoor

Part workhorse, part luxury, the Therm-a-Rest BaseCamp mattress is today's deluxe version of the classic Therm-a-Rest mattress - a straightforward design that's been providing dependable comfort under the stars for over 35 years. Crafted on a foundation of time-tested materials and components, they've updated it with an expanded foam core that makes it lighter, more compressible and an even better travel companion. Includes stuff sack.

- CampSaver.com

Therm-a-Rest BaseCampTM sleeping pad offers lighter, softer fabrics than previous seasons on both top and bottom of the pad, improving the softness and feel while reducing weight and bulk.