Timberland Chocorua Trail Mid Waterproof GTX

I wanted to love them, but sometimes a shoe is a poor…

Summary

I wanted to love them, but sometimes a shoe is a poor fit for your feet in particular. I think this may have been the case here.

Pros

• Waterproof

Cons

• The crease in the leather
  • Does not hold heel in place

These boots were very comfortable when I first got them, but I found that the longer I wore them the more uncomfortable they became. I have bunions and the crease in the leather began to push agains the top of my left foot right on the big toe joint. It feels a little like pressure on a nerve, and on longer hikes my toe went a little numb.

I bought these boots in a Timberland store that had no ramp to test how well the heel stays in place on a downhill incline so I did my best to improvise. It turned out that even if I lace them tightly my narrow foot slides forward, but luckily for me I got no bruised nails during my hikes.

I was very impressed with how waterproof they are. I wore them once during a very rainy day when I was outside for hours and my feet never got wet.